ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bereavement - dependent passed away before entering UK

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

angkoomin
Malaysia

Bereavement - dependent passed away before entering UK

Post by angkoomin » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:41 am

Hi there,

I have a friend that has her Tier 2 visa approved with her husband and 5 children. Unfortunately the husband passed away a few days ago.

My question:
1. What happens if she does not enter the UK within the 3 months temporary visa? Will she need to reapply for the visa again?

2. With the unfortunate event the husband passed away, will she be eligible to apply for a visa for her mother to assist her with her children?

3. Is there a possibility of getting any kind of refund in this scenario?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Bereavement - dependent passed away before entering UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:44 am

1. She would need to apply for a new visa vignette and will need to liaise with her employer.

2. No she cannot bring her mother as a PBS Dependent. As a visitor, possibly, but the mother is not permitted to be the child carer as that is considered work.

3. No, it is unlikely as the visa has been granted. https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

angkoomin
Malaysia

Post by angkoomin » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:53 am

Does this apply for Tier 5 (she is on Tier 5 and not Tier 2)?

Also, with a Malaysian passport, the mother is allowed to be in the country for 90 days. Technically, when can the mother re-enter the UK after the 90 days? Is there a cooling off period?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:01 am

You stated Tier 2 and posted in the Skilled Worker sub forum and not the separate Tier 5 sub forum.

The same applies.

Which Tier 5 visa category is it that she has, there are many Tier 5 categories?

The mother still cannot come to the UK to be the child minder as this is considered work. Even though she can be in the UK for 90 days, she is still admitted as as visitor and the visitor visa conditions apply. The mother cannot be spending more time in the UK than she does in her home country and cannot use frequent visits as a guise to live here.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

angkoomin
Malaysia

Post by angkoomin » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:53 pm

Tier 5 temporary work.

How much would the replacement of the vignette be? Would it be the similar amount as reapplying for a new visa?

I understand that applying for a new vignette does not extend the end period of the visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:57 pm

A replacement vignette I believe costs around £154.
Char (CR001 not Casa)