ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! Evidence to upload for switching to settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anter10
Newly Registered

Help! Evidence to upload for switching to settled status

Post by Anter10 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:45 am

Hi Everyone,

I’m non eu Married to Eu citizen and I’m about to submit my application to switch my pre - settled to settled, they have asked me upload evidence of the relationship, the max of number of documents to be uploaded is 10. Shall
I upload marriage certificate and my P60’s and her P60’s or that’s not enough.

Your help will be much appreciated

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Re: Help! Evidence to upload for switching to settled status

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:52 am

You can upload marriage certificate and proof you are living together. If you are working they will check your National insurance records, so there should be no need to upload P60s. What did you upload for pre-settled status?
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Anter10
Newly Registered

Post by Anter10 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:00 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:52 am
You can upload marriage certificate and proof you are living together. If you are working they will check your National insurance records, so there should be no need to upload P60s. What did you upload for pre-settled status?
Thanks for your reply, I have used only BRC which was granted in 2017, should I upload proof that we are living together to cover last 5 years or last few years only ?

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:03 am

You can use BRC, marriage certificate and council tax bills (or a form of evidence that covers a long period of time) in both of your names for the time you've lived together. The more time you cover from the last 5 years the better I would say.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Anter10
Newly Registered

Post by Anter10 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:05 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:03 am
You can use BRC, marriage certificate and council tax bills (or a form of evidence that covers a long period of time) in both of your names for the time you've lived together. The more time you cover from the last 5 years the better I would say.
Thank you so much for your help!

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:06 am

You're welcome, but please review the guidance too and if other members have anything to add, they may have more guidance to offer.

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:21 pm

I forgot to say, it could be that you have to upload your spouse's passport to prove they are a EU citizen - maybe the form will ask you to do that directly, but good to keep in mind.

Anter10
Newly Registered

Post by Anter10 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:10 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:21 pm
I forgot to say, it could be that you have to upload your spouse's passport to prove they are a EU citizen - maybe the form will ask you to do that directly, but good to keep in mind.
I was thinking about it too to be honest, the things is that they didn’t ask for specific documents just evidence of relationship in general

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:40 pm

Yeah, I'm just unsure how they would verify the identity of your spouse without providing a passport :?: :?: :?:

Anter10
Newly Registered

Post by Anter10 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:13 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:40 pm
Yeah, I'm just unsure how they would verify the identity of your spouse without providing a passport :?: :?: :?:
I provide her settled status application number, that should be enough because they can see her passport there isn’t it ?

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:57 pm

Honestly, I don't know. Maybe someone else has made a similar application and will reply. If this was me I'd provide passport as evidence of EU nationality

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:47 am

Anter10 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:13 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:40 pm
I provide her settled status application number, that should be enough because they can see her passport there isn’t it ?
It is your responsibility to supply all the documents when you make an application. It is not for ukvi to run around looking for documents you did not submit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:44 pm

You can use the same documents you used to apply for presettled status.

I used marriage cert, brp and driver’s license. That was it. In the application you are asked your spouse UAN that you can provide. You don’t need to add her passport etc. that would have been checked already and linked to her UAN.

It was simpler and quicker than even the pre-status application but you can use the same documentation.

Best of luck.

Anter10
Newly Registered

Post by Anter10 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:02 am

Bazinga_ wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:44 pm

I used marriage cert, brp and driver’s license. That was it. In the application you are asked your spouse UAN that you can provide. You don’t need to add her passport etc. that would have been checked already and linked to her UAN.

It was simpler and quicker than even the pre-status application but you can use the same documentation.

Best of luck.
Hi there, thank you for your response , I have submitted it anyway with council tax bills as it not gonna cause any harm I guess, how long did you wait to get a decision?
Many thanks

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:54 pm

Anter10 wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:02 am
Bazinga_ wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:44 pm

Best of luck.
Hi there, thank you for your response , I have submitted it anyway with council tax bills as it not gonna cause any harm I guess, how long did you wait to get a decision?
Many thanks
No, it won’t cause any harm. They will have more than they need which is good.

Mine took just over 3weeks. 3weeks and 2days