ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Member - EU Residence Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Usmnababar28
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Family Member - EU Residence Card

Post by Usmnababar28 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:31 pm

Hi there,

I got the Family Member - EU Residence Card which is expiring in May 2023 and have pre-settled status but didn't update to EUSS casd after brexit. I have booked my tickets to travel to another country. Can I come back to UK with this card or do I have to update my card before travelling?

If I can't comeback, what options do I have as I am travelling in 3 days.

Appreciate your kind answers.
Thanks

kamoe

Re: Family Member - EU Residence Card

Post by kamoe » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:34 pm

Usmnababar28 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:31 pm
Hi there,

I got the Family Member - EU Residence Card which is expiring in May 2023 and have pre-settled status but didn't update to EUSS casd after brexit. I have booked my tickets to travel to another country. Can I come back to UK with this card or do I have to update my card before travelling?

If I can't comeback, what options do I have as I am travelling in 3 days.

Appreciate your kind answers.
Thanks
Since the card is valid until May 2023, and you have pre-Settled status, yes you can use this card.

Carriers won't see the difference, only that the card is still valid; and immigration officers at the airport will see your electronic status on their screen.

At some point I had both an old EEA Residence Card, and the new EUSS Card, used both on separate occasions, and they both worked. See this post.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Usmnababar28
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Usmnababar28 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:40 pm

Thanks for the reply.

But do you think you had the EUSS as well and IO got the information on screen that you have EUSS perhaps that's why it caused no issue?

In case I am denied entry, can I come to UK after applying for travel permit?

Thanks

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:14 pm

Usmnababar28 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:40 pm
Thanks for the reply.

But do you think you had the EUSS as well and IO got the information on screen that you have EUSS perhaps that's why it caused no issue?

Thanks
The on-screen information they see is the information about your digital status, which you also have. That appears regardless of whether you have a EUSS card or not.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:10 am

Usmnababar28 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:40 pm
So the post above means that no, it is not because I had a EUSS card, it is because I had a digital status (pre-settled or settled, these are both digital statuses), and that status was linked to my old EEA card. I showed the old card, the status shows on their screen. You have your old card, if that is the one you applied for your pre-settled status, then the digital status is linked to that card, that is why it is not necessary to update these old cards to EUSS card. See what Obi says here.
You won't be denied entry if you present your old, bur still valid, EU card. Stop overthinking.

Usmnababar28
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Usmnababar28 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:43 pm

Thank you so much, really appreciate it.

Usman