ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child asylum

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gktssm82

Child asylum

Post by gktssm82 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:05 pm

Hello member, hope you are all well.

I would like to ask your opinion/advice about the child asylum please. I would appreciate if any can advise. One of my friend's relative who has been sponsored and is coming to UK from Afghanistan on visit visa just before new year. He is under 18 and wanna visit his family here and want to settle here. My friend asked me that he wanna claim asylum but i had no answer to give him or advised him about the process as i have no clue about it.
I am sorry to ask these silly questions but Can he claim asylum at the airport the day he lands or what is the process please.
I was told his life is not safe there as Taliban ruling the country and are brutal.

Please advise.
Thank you.

secret.simon

Re: Child asylum

Post by secret.simon » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:01 pm

You are going to have to be more specific.

Precisely how does the Taliban rule impact him personally?

Is he gay, from a persecuted minority (Shia, Tajik, Hazara, etc)?

The mere fact that the Taliban rule Afghanistan does not mean that all Afghans are automatically eligible for asylum.

What is his relationship with the guest family here? Are they his siblings, his cousins, his brother-in-law's sibling's second cousin once removed?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.