ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The gap in the residency caused by INIS.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dron
Newly Registered
Ireland

The gap in the residency caused by INIS.

Post by dron » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:07 pm

Hi,

I'm checking for the naturalisation application for my wife, but there is a problem with the residency calculator, it says "Year prior to the application not continuous".

The issue is that Her previous IRP was valid till 01/06/22, and the new IRP issue date is 03/07/22.
So there is a gap of 33 days. But I believe that this gap is not She's fault.

At that time the INIS online renewal was restricted to only 30 days prior to the expiry of the IRP.
Her online renewal application was started on 06/05/22 (26 days in advance of the exp.),
and the processed/decision email was received on 03/07/22 (58 days later/ 8 weeks).

Is there any way to justify this gap, and apply now for naturalisation,
or there is only a way to wait until next summer?

meself2
Ireland

Re: The gap in the residency caused by INIS.

Post by meself2 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:36 pm

dron wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:07 pm
Is there any way to justify this gap, and apply now for naturalisation,
or there is only a way to wait until next summer?
People reported they submitted their application with explanations in the cover letter. If you're unsure, send a letter to ISD to get a confirmation, but I'd say as long as you can write the situation out, enclose copy of the acknowledgment email + approval email, you're good.

Also, 33 days are allowed as a gap, if I remember correctly. It's 42 and over which is not allowed.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

cosmic89
Newly Registered
Antigua & Barbuda

Re: The gap in the residency caused by INIS.

Post by cosmic89 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:13 pm

I had a gap of nearly 6 months in my last year, due to delay in getting my home country passport renewed due to Covid (as was renewing just when the pandemic started) and then IRP taking a few months to renew. I wrote a cover letter explaining the reason and it didn't cause any issue as I got my approval. Good luck to your wife.