ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions at UK Immigration

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

syed786
Newly Registered

Questions at UK Immigration

Post by syed786 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:23 am

Hi,
I, along with my wife and daugher would be traveling to UK in December, I had some queries regarding the questions at UK Immigration, senior members please help:-

1) Immigration Officer may ask where I would stay in UK?, Is it advisable to block hotel accomodation for 3 weeks and then cancel when I enter UK. Atleast I can show the hotel reservation to the officer.. please advice

2) I would be getting my chest X-Ray done, but as my wife is pregnant hence X-ray is not advisable. Will a letter from Doctor advising reason for no X-ray hold good.

3) In continuation to the above question, will the Immigration officer deny us entry because my wife is pregnant and the new born would be born in UK in May 2009?

4) I have a kid and she is 18 months old, Do I need Chest X-Ray for her too?

5) Apart from Hotel Reservation proof(If applicable), Chest X-ray(Self) , Doctors letter for my wife and Tier-1 Docs, do I need to carry anything else ?

This forum has helped me getting the Tier-1 Visa for me and my dependants and I trust this forum than a consultant, So would request senior members and people who have recently travelled to UK with Dependants to help me out with my questions.

Regards Syed

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:48 am

2) I would be getting my chest X-Ray done, but as my wife is pregnant hence X-ray is not advisable. Will a letter from Doctor advising reason for no X-ray hold good.
Your wife need not have her X Ray taken and she doesn't need any letter.
I have a kid and she is 18 months old, Do I need Chest X-Ray for her too?
I doubt they will ask your daughter to undergo the test. It's most likely to be waived off in her case too.
1) Immigration Officer may ask where I would stay in UK?, Is it advisable to block hotel accomodation for 3 weeks and then cancel when I enter UK. Atleast I can show the hotel reservation to the officer.. please advice
Whatever address that you put down on your landing card.
3) In continuation to the above question, will the Immigration officer deny us entry because my wife is pregnant and the new born would be born in UK in May 2009?
No
5) Apart from Hotel Reservation proof(If applicable), Chest X-ray(Self) , Doctors letter for my wife and Tier-1 Docs, do I need to carry anything else ?
I m sure you plan to carry whatever is necessary for your job hunt. Degree cert, professional certifications etc ( again these may not be necessary)