ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ADR adult dependent visa query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, Administrator

travelagain1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ADR adult dependent visa query

Post by travelagain1 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:33 pm

Hi all

Had a few queries regarding ADR adult dependent visa

1) if you can meet all the requirements financial, emotional, care, etc. is there anything else required. ? I have heard online that even if all requirements are satisfied, the chances of rejection are 70% ?

2) does it matter if the person who you are applying ADR visa for has visited the UK earlier , on UK visit visa ?(family visit) ?

3) suppose the ADR visa is rejected, does it affect the chances for future UK visit visa?

4) is there anyone here on the forum who can share any info on past experience with this type of visa for elderly family relatives ?

5) if the adr visa is rejected, do we get a refund of fees ?

6) is there an NHS surcharge to be paid along with the fees ? Considering there is no NHS access to the dependent for first 5 years ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ADR adult dependent visa query

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:42 pm

1. It is the most difficult visa to get, the refusal rate is more like 95%. Also depends what country the person applying is in, how old they are, what care they require etc.

2. Possibly, for a visitor visa they declare strong ties to home country. For ADR they declare none available

3. The chances of ever getting a visitor visa again are virtually nil as a refused ADR application is a declaration the person intends to settle in the UK permanently. The opposite of what a visitor visa is for.

4. Not many. Any who have been successful have only been so after very lengthy and expensive appeal and court processes. Usually for applicants from countries where care is super expensive.

5. No you do not.

6. IHS is payable. Not sure why you believe a person who does get an ADR visa cannot access the NHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:42 pm
6. IHS is payable. Not sure why you believe a person who does get an ADR visa cannot access the NHS.
On this point, IHS is not payable. ADR, if successful, leads directly to ILR/ILE status. IHS is not payable on ILR/ILE applications, but gives access to NHS healthcare. That is likely why ADR is so difficult to get.
Adult Dependent Relative caseworker guidance wrote:(Page 20)
If the requirements of the ADR Rules are met (and whether or not there are exceptional circumstances as described under paragraph GEN.3.2. of Appendix FM) and the applicant’s sponsor is a British citizen in the UK or a person present and settled in the UK, the applicant will be granted indefinite leave to enter (ILE).
To the OP: the rest of the advice above still stands. The success rate before appeals is only 6%, going up to 16% after expensive court appeals. So, even after appeals, 4 out of 5 ADR applications fail.

Keep in mind that one of the requirements is that not only must the person require specific care, but that that care is either unavailable or unaffordable in their country of habitual residence, even including the financial assistance of the UK sponsor. Given that most of the care required is (a) generally available and (b) generally cheaper abroad than in the UK, it would be very hard to argue that you can afford it in the UK, but not in their country of habitual residence.

And I doubt that emotional support is given much weightage. Otherwise most of the Subcontinent's elderly population would be in the UK.

And, as CR001 has already mentioned, a failed ADR closes the door to future visit visas. A visit visa contains an implicit acceptance that the visitor will return to their country of habitual residence. The ADR application implies precisely the reverse, that the person wants to reside in the UK. Having declared the latter, it would be very hard to impossible to row back to the former.
travelagain1 wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:33 pm
5) if the adr visa is rejected, do we get a refund of fees ?
You are a fantasist, aren't you? :lol: The Home Office handing back fees? Err, no.

The fees are for processing the application, regardless of the success or otherwise of the application. The only fees that the Home Office does refund are the citizenship ceremony fees of £80 if the naturalisation or registration application fails. It still keeps the £1000+ naturalisation fees, even if the application has failed.

PS: Looking at your previous posts, it is unclear what your immigration status is. Only a British person or a person on ILR can sponsor somebody else on ADR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

travelagain1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by travelagain1 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:15 am

Thanks both for the detailed info.

I guess there's no point in thinking about ADR then. As those are big hurdles to overcome.

Yes i was maybe hoping for too much regarding refund :lol:

Regarding visit visa, is it possible to get like a very long duration visit visa like 10 years ?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:11 am

You can apply for a 10 year visa, but the period of time a person can stay in the UK in a visit visa is the same and staying too much may alarm the officer at the point of entry, see post2087889.html#p2087889
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:16 am

travelagain1 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:15 am

I guess there's no point in thinking about ADR then. As those are big hurdles to overcome.

Regarding visit visa, is it possible to get like a very long duration visit visa like 10 years ? Yes you can look to getting long term visit visa. Ensure documentary evidence to support ties to home country is strong. From your earlier post, how long visit visa validity previously?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:19 am

travelagain1 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:15 am

Regarding visit visa, is it possible to get like a very long duration visit visa like 10 years ?
As advised above already, yes you can apply for 10 years visit visa. However, if she's never been to the UK before, the guarantee that she'll get it is not a 100%.

Prices may vary depending on country of residence;

Standard Visitor visa 6 months - £200

2 year long-term Standard Visitor visa - £376

5 year long-term Standard Visitor visa - £670

10 year long-term Standard Visitor visa - £837

6 months per visit applies to all.

Always nice to start with the 6 months to mitigate the loss of funds (if visa is denied). Once you earn their trust you can move up the ladder. But it's entirely up to you guys.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:31 pm

Concur with the advice above. Start with a couple of six months visa, spread well apart, then graduate to a two year visa, then five year visa. Essentially, she is building up trust that she will return back to their country of habitual residence within the time limits of her visit visa.

Keep in mind that residing in the UK in the guise of a visit visa, such as by frequent or successive visits, is expressly forbidden by the Immigration Rules and in case of such a pattern being detected, the Immigration Officer at the airport can cancel the visa on the spot and have your mother return back to her country of habitual residence on the next available flight, from within the airport. So, keep a good gap between the repeat visits.

Also, make sure that she has good travel and health insurance as she will be charged 150% of any NHS costs, for any non-emergency treatments (IHS is not payable and not an option for visit visas). Indeed, NHS England may well require payment up-front before she gets non-emergency treatment.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.