ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of condition timeframe.

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

savane2

travelling oversea

Post by savane2 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:46 pm

hi everyone,i hope you are all doing well.

PS:please do not judge me

i got my further leave to remain nearly 3 months ago after being legal for 2years and an overstayer for nearly 8 years.
right now i am getting accommodation and financial help under the social service as i was struggling financial and getting a job with a 1year old is hard given childcare is very expensive.

i would like to travel to Africa to see my mum that i haven t seen for 10years and my friend offered to lend me money for the ticket but i made an application to the home office to lift the no recourse to public fund a month ago but still no update.
my questions are:
-will my application be withdrawn if i travel overseas?

-will i be able to re-enter the UK given i have an application with the home office?

i still have my passport and BRC with me and my BRC expiring date is 31 December 2024

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: travelling oversea

Post by Ticktack » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:56 pm

savane2 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:46 pm
hi everyone,i hope you are all doing well.

PS:please do not judge me

i got my further leave to remain nearly 3 months ago after being legal for 2years and an overstayer for nearly 8 years.
right now i am getting accommodation and financial help under the social service as i was struggling financial and getting a job with a 1year old is hard given childcare is very expensive.

i would like to travel to Africa to see my mum that i haven t seen for 10years and my friend offered to lend me money for the ticket but i made an application to the home office to lift the no recourse to public fund a month ago but still no update.
my questions are: Are you saying immigration application, or condition application? Was it an online form?
-will my application be withdrawn if i travel overseas?

-will i be able to re-enter the UK given i have an application with the home office? You would always be able to re-enter the UK, as you have a valid residents permit. It doesn't matter how you got there anymore, what matters is that you're there now.

i still have my passport and BRC with me and my BRC expiring date is 31 December 2024
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

savane2

Post by savane2 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:00 pm

many thanks for your reply.

it s a change of condition to remove the no recourse to public funds.it was made online free of charge

savane2

Post by savane2 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:42 pm

i already have further leave to remain with no recourse to public funds.
the application i made is to remove the no recourse to public funds.

if i travel overseas,will my application be withdrawn?

will i have an issue re-entering the UK or is it risky?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:44 pm

Travelling should not affect this at all. You already have a leave to remain
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

savane2

Post by savane2 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:40 am

thank you Zimba

savane2

Post by savane2 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:30 pm

i was told it was risky to travel in case while im in Africa,i get issue a new biometric.the current one would be cancelled despite expiring in December 2024.

can anyone please tell me how long the application for a change of condition can take please?
they don t give a timeframe on gov.uk

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:35 am

savane2 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:30 pm
i was told it was risky to travel in case while im in Africa,i get issue a new biometric.the current one would be cancelled despite expiring in December 2024.

can anyone please tell me how long the application for a change of condition can take please?
they don t give a timeframe on gov.uk
The advice given to you has no basis in reality.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

savane2

Post by savane2 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:44 pm

oh that s great!!

im glad i can travel without worries.

thanks Zimba

savane2

change of condition timeframe.

Post by savane2 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:58 am

hi everyone,

has anyone made a change of condition to have their no recourse to public funds lifted.?
if yes how long did it take for you?

the gov site doesn t give a timeframe.

mine is going to 2months now with no update from Cameroon and i have to travel to my home country urgently at the end of January and im scared of not being able to re-enter in case the home office issues a new biometric card and cancel the one i have now.the one i have now expires on 31st December 2024.

anyone please

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: change of condition timeframe.

Post by Ticktack » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:51 am

savane2 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:58 am
hi everyone,

has anyone made a change of condition to have their no recourse to public funds lifted.?

mine is going to 2months now with no update from Cameroon and i have to travel to my home country urgently at the end of January and im scared of not being able to re-enter in case the home office issues a new biometric card and cancel the one i have now.the one i have now expires on 31st December 2024.

anyone please
I see no reason why you can't travel. Your BRP is valid for another 2 years, that is an immigration status that allows you to stay in the UK.
You're applying for modifications in your condition to allow you certain benefits. That has no bearing on your right to stay, exit and re-enter the UK.
In my opinion, you should be fine.

Someone else might see this differently. The planes would definitely carry you from Cameroon and you can argue your case at the boarder if it comes to it.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:55 am

savane2 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:58 am
hi everyone,

anyone please
You were already advised about travelling previously (topics now merged). Asking the same question again and again is NOT going to change the answer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

savane2

Post by savane2 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:00 pm

many thanks Ticktack.

as for CR001 my question this time was about the timeframe for people who applied for a CoC

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:10 pm

savane2 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:00 pm
many thanks Ticktack.

as for CR001 my question this time was about the timeframe for people who applied for a CoC
It varies, it can take a few months.

How long are you planning to travel abroad?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

savane2

Post by savane2 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:26 pm

i will be there for 2 weeks

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:35 pm

From reading your posts:- you were living with your child's EU citizen father, but from what you have posted here, it seems he is no longer living with you?

In the UK, both parents are required to keep their chlldren. He has to pay money towards his childs keep and you can calulcate the minimum he shoud be paying https://www.gov.uk/calculate-child-maintenance

If you are no longer a couple and he has his child stay overnight at his accommodation, that will reduce the money he has to pay you towards his child as he will be paying for his child on those days/nights. But that will give you a chance to work when your child is with her father.

savane2

Post by savane2 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:48 pm

no,
we r no longer together.he went back to his country permanently.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:13 pm

savane2 wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:48 pm
no,
we r no longer together.he went back to his country permanently.
As his child lives in the UK, the UK still expects both parents to pay for their child.

Greece is a REMO (Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Orders) country. REMO countires collect child maintenance payments from a deadbeat parent who has a child living in the UK: just as the UK will collect if the deadbeat parent is in the UK and their child is in another REMO country.
https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance-if ... ves-abroad

savane2

Post by savane2 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:50 pm

okay.

hi everyone.

just to say my CoC has now been approved and i was granted resource to public funds.
im still waiting for my new brp as the old one has been cancelled.

many thanks to the ones who replied.