ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status - Divorced. Remarried to UK citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dejan83
Newly Registered

Settled status - Divorced. Remarried to UK citizen

Post by dejan83 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:25 pm

Hi all

A year after getting my settled status (EUSS card) based on the marriage with EU citizen, marriage broke down due to infidelity from wife. I got decree absolute and remarried couple of months ago to a UK citizen. My question is will this change my status and should I let Home ofice know about the change in circumstances?

Many thanks,

Dejan

secret.simon

Re: Settled status - Divorced. Remarried to UK citizen

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:57 pm

Once you have been granted Settled Status, you are no longer dependent on the EEA Citizen. There would be no change to your status, apart from if you were absent from the UK for five continuous years.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

dejan83
Newly Registered

Re: Settled status - Divorced. Remarried to UK citizen

Post by dejan83 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:10 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt response.