ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Receipt of Akcnowledgment by UKVI

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tomarx_123
Newly Registered
Italy

Query on Receipt of Akcnowledgment by UKVI

Post by tomarx_123 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:54 pm

Hi,

I have submitted my naturalisation application on 29 Dec 2022 and attended a biometrics appointment on 30 Dec 2022.

I have received confirmation from UKVCAS that my application has been submitted to UKVI on 30 Dec 22.

However, i have never received confirmation from UKVI, if I log back into my application some outstanding actions are still flagged including 'Attend an appointment to provide your documents and biometrics by 02 March 2023'.

Is this normal? Was I meant to receive an email from UKVI?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Query on Receipt of Akcnowledgment by UKVI

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:16 pm

tomarx_123 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:54 pm
Hi,

I have submitted my naturalisation application on 29 Dec 2022 and attended a biometrics appointment on 30 Dec 2022.

I have received confirmation from UKVCAS that my application has been submitted to UKVI on 30 Dec 22.

However, i have never received confirmation from UKVI, if I log back into my application some outstanding actions are still flagged including 'Attend an appointment to provide your documents and biometrics by 02 March 2023'.

Is this normal? Was I meant to receive an email from UKVI?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Not everyone receives it and it not a given that you will get the confirmation.
Stop logging in there is nothing more for you to do on it lest you alter something and jeopardise your application.

Be patient to hear from HO on the application.

tomarx_123
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: Query on Receipt of Akcnowledgment by UKVI

Post by tomarx_123 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:36 pm

Thank you AmazonianX, it is useful to know that acknowledgment from UKVI is not mandatory.

I logged in to get a copy of the application for my personal records and noticed that there are still further actions, and the following sentence at the top of the page which made me worried: "There are some more actions below that you must complete. Your application may not be successful if you do not complete the mandatory actions."

I just wanted to make sure that this is a common scenario, as many users report a receipt of acknowledgment from UKVI in the timelines thread.

Thank you!