ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can I apply for the citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

frantsii96
Newly Registered

When can I apply for the citizenship

Post by frantsii96 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:24 pm

Hi everyone.

I have been granted Settled status on the 18th of March 2022 (family member of the EU citizen). I have recently passed Live in the U.K. test, I have masters degree in the U.K. to prove my knowledge of English and fully prepared my application online.

When is the earliest I can submit the application? Will it be rejected if I submit it now (basically, 2 weeks earlier than a year after settled status)?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: When can I apply for the citizenship

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:27 pm

The requirement is to hold settled status for 12 months before you can apply for citizenship. The only time you do not have to wait 12 months is if you are married to a British citizen.

The date of application for citizenship is the date you submit and pay online. You also must have been physically present in the uk at the start of the 5 year qualifying period (or 3 years if married to a British citizen)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

frantsii96
Newly Registered

Post by frantsii96 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:29 pm

Thank you!

Then I can apply on the 18th of March 2023?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:42 pm

frantsii96 wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:29 pm
Thank you!

Then I can apply on the 18th of March 2023?
Yes, if you were physically present in the UK on 19th March 2018.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.