ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claim Child Benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prana72009

Claim Child Benefits

Post by prana72009 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:47 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me with a question I have regarding claiming Child Benefits. The main applicant's ILR was approved in November, and the dependent visa was approved last week for ILR. We would like to claim Child Benefits under the dependent.

My question is, can we submit the Child Benefits claim under the dependent's name from three months back? As far as I know, you can only submit a claim that is backdated up to three months.

Thank you in advance for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Claim Child Benefits

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:21 pm

If the dependent only got ILR last week, it cannot be backdated to before ILR grant date as the dependent had no recourse to public funds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.