ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship license ineligibility

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MiniDs_81
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Sponsorship license ineligibility

Post by MiniDs_81 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:55 am

Hello,
I was wondering if I could get some help understanding what it means for a company to not be eligible for a sponsorship license?
If the company I am currently working for is not able to sponsor a skilled worker visa because they cannot get a license, does this mean I would need to leave and seek employment somewhere that does have a license and can sponsor a visa?

Many thanks for any advice and responses!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sponsorship license ineligibility

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:06 am

What visa do you currently hold?

Correct, a company requires a sponsor license from UKVI to be able to sponsor a skilled worker visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MiniDs_81
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by MiniDs_81 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:48 pm

I'm currently on the Graduate Visa and need to switch to the skilled worker visa at some point this year.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:54 pm

You will then need to find an employer that has a sponsor licence who can sponsor you for a Skilled Worker visa before your graduate visa expires.

You cannot be sponsored for a Skilled Worker visa if the employer is not a licenced UKVI sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MiniDs_81
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by MiniDs_81 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:50 am

Thanks for your response, and yes I do understand that, however I was wondering if you (or anyone else) knew any reasons why a company may claim that they are ineligible to get a sponsor license?

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:58 am

It could be they were refused a sponsor licence or that they do not wish to be a sponsor as it is very administrative heavily to sponsor migrants.

To be a sponsor, they also have to meet a lot of requirements etc. You can read the sponsorship guidance notes to understand.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship-employers

At the end of the day, it is entirely up to the company and there is nothing really that you can do about it. It is their choice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:17 pm

There are also cases where a company has the licence and everything in place to sponsor foreign workers and then they simply decide to not sponsor anyone. I experienced this first hand, more than I would expect.

Ultimately it's their choice as CR001 said.