ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Employer on Skilled Worker Health and Care Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RoseAlb
Newly Registered
India

Switching Employer on Skilled Worker Health and Care Visa

Post by RoseAlb » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:00 am

My query is about Switching the Employer and How do I go about it once I have a new CoS.

I'm currently awaiting for my new CoS to arrive. I wanted to know when do I inform my current Employer about my decision to switch my Employer. I have been working since December, started 3 months back.

Can I apply for the Switch in Employer before informing my current Employer ? And when I recieve a decision I may give in my Resignation. My notice period is 4 weeks. Will they (current employer) get any notification about this from Home Office ? Do I need to ask my current Employer to Withdraw the current CoS or the Home Office will ask them to do so?
OR
Do I inform they before applying for a switch. I cannot risk it by Informing them prior to applying as they might as me to resign right away and then I would be waiting for the decision from Home Office or they might hesitate in releasing me.

Kindly let me know how should I go about with it.

Your advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching Employer on Skilled Worker Health and Care Visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:04 am

You resign from your current job after you have received your new visa. Your current employer only has to inform UKVI they are no longer sponsoring you AFTER you have worked your last day. There is nothing you have to do in this regard to inform UKVI.

Current employer is NOT informed if you make another application for a visa.

You have to apply for a new visa and pay the fees once you have a CoS from the new employer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RoseAlb
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switching Employer on Skilled Worker Health and Care Visa

Post by RoseAlb » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:10 am

Thank You so much CR001.

So this explains that I should go ahead in switching without Informing or Resigning my current Employer.
I had been worried about this as I thought if I applied My current Employers would know and as me to resign rightaway.

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:04 am
You resign from your current job after you have received your new visa. Your current employer only has to inform UKVI they are no longer sponsoring you AFTER you have worked your last day. There is nothing you have to do in this regard to inform UKVI.

Current employer is NOT informed if you make another application for a visa.

You have to apply for a new visa and pay the fees once you have a CoS from the new employer.