ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependents extension while main applicant ILR pending application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mehfuzpatel

Re: Dependents extension while main applicant ILR pending application

Post by Mehfuzpatel » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:26 pm

Hi Mods, hope You're well.

I have been asked to submit the below. Although, i did submit everything. Anyway, I will resend again. But i am confused on the last part, (5).

Can You please help? I called my VC and he said the letters were already given to me. And I did submit everything becuase I checked all the papers. Now, how would I get this legal representation 🤔 who would say that the signatures are true and bla bla.

Any views???

if the source is a venture capital firm, the applicant must provide:
(1) A letter from a director, partner or fund manager of the venture capital firm, which includes:
(_a) confirmation of the amount of money that was made available to the applicant, the entrepreneurial team or the applicant’s business from the organisation,
(_b) a statement providing detailed information on the strategy, structure and financial exposure of the fund,
(_c) a statement detailing the rationale for the investment, providing specific information about the circumstances which led to the investment decision,
(_d) a statement confirming that the business/proposed business is a genuine and credible proposition, and
(_e) confirmation that the venture capital firm was, at the time the investment was made, registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and its entry in the register included a permission to arrange, deal in or manage investments, or to manage alternative investment funds.
(2) A copy of the completed term sheet for the investment, signed by all parties to the transaction, which must include details of the company valuation, company structure, founder and investor rights, the structure of funding and the type of security being taken.
(3) A breakdown of the technical, legal, commercial and financial due diligence conducted by the venture capital firm in support of the investment.
(4) A letter from an accountant, validating the financial condition of the fund.
(5) A letter from a legal representative, who is not the applicant, which confirms that the letters and declarations in (1)-(4) contain the genuine signatures of the required signatories. The letter must clearly show the registration or authority of the legal representative to practise legally in the UK.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:00 am

Mehfuzpatel wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:26 pm
Hi Mods, hope You're well.

I have been asked to submit the below. Although, i did submit everything. Anyway, I will resend again. But i am confused on the last part, (5).

Can You please help? I called my VC and he said the letters were already given to me. And I did submit everything becuase I checked all the papers. Now, how would I get this legal representation 🤔 who would say that the signatures are true and bla bla.

Any views???

if the source is a venture capital firm, the applicant must provide:
(1) A letter from a director, partner or fund manager of the venture capital firm, which includes:
(_a) confirmation of the amount of money that was made available to the applicant, the entrepreneurial team or the applicant’s business from the organisation,
(_b) a statement providing detailed information on the strategy, structure and financial exposure of the fund,
(_c) a statement detailing the rationale for the investment, providing specific information about the circumstances which led to the investment decision,
(_d) a statement confirming that the business/proposed business is a genuine and credible proposition, and
(_e) confirmation that the venture capital firm was, at the time the investment was made, registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and its entry in the register included a permission to arrange, deal in or manage investments, or to manage alternative investment funds.
(2) A copy of the completed term sheet for the investment, signed by all parties to the transaction, which must include details of the company valuation, company structure, founder and investor rights, the structure of funding and the type of security being taken.
(3) A breakdown of the technical, legal, commercial and financial due diligence conducted by the venture capital firm in support of the investment.
(4) A letter from an accountant, validating the financial condition of the fund.
(5) A letter from a legal representative, who is not the applicant, which confirms that the letters and declarations in (1)-(4) contain the genuine signatures of the required signatories. The letter must clearly show the registration or authority of the legal representative to practise legally in the UK.
You can't get that yourself.
You need to ask the VC to get this. Their lawyer should be able to provide that letter.
Alternatively, they will need to go to a Notary public/Attorney and sign the documents in their presence.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Mehfuzpatel

Post by Mehfuzpatel » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:09 pm

Hi Marcnath

Thank you for Your view.

I did submit this letter for the initial application but the business plan changed when I came here. I started a different business. The VC has sent me all the relevant term sheets and date and name of the investment transfererred. VC is saying that put the initial original letter. But that was diff back date ( 15th March 2019.) and new business term sheet is dated 09.09.2019.

My view is that I should put the new letter from legal representative for the term sheet signed. But the vc is difficult guy.

Shall I go ahead and out back dated letter and initial business plan and new term sheet with new business plan and mention in a cover letter that I started this new business and term sheet was signed. Although I have already submitted the new term sheet and business and have mentioned that i had started a new business when I made this ILR application.

Any views sir?

Really appreciate your quick response.

This forum is so useful. I don't what would happened without this forum.
Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards
Mehfuz

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:47 pm

Mehfuzpatel wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:09 pm
Hi Marcnath

Thank you for Your view.

I did submit this letter for the initial application but the business plan changed when I came here. I started a different business. The VC has sent me all the relevant term sheets and date and name of the investment transfererred. VC is saying that put the initial original letter. But that was diff back date ( 15th March 2019.) and new business term sheet is dated 09.09.2019.

My view is that I should put the new letter from legal representative for the term sheet signed. But the vc is difficult guy.

Shall I go ahead and out back dated letter and initial business plan and new term sheet with new business plan and mention in a cover letter that I started this new business and term sheet was signed. Although I have already submitted the new term sheet and business and have mentioned that i had started a new business when I made this ILR application.

Any views sir?

Really appreciate your quick response.

This forum is so useful. I don't what would happened without this forum.
Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards
Mehfuz
Unless the investment was already made before your initial application, you have to produce the documents requested.
If you are unable to get the VCs help to get a new letter, you can still try to submit the first one. There is no requirement that the documents have to be within a certain date, so you should be ok.
Submit the full set of initial documents including the initial term sheet, so that there is a complete set with the legal representative letter included.
You can then add in the cover letter, as you suggested, that there was a small change in the business plan so a new term sheet was signed but that all the other agreements with the VC are the same.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Mehfuzpatel

Post by Mehfuzpatel » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:23 pm

Hi

Thanks a lot Marcnath.

Today, I submitted the documents but my query is that when I submitted last time, i had received an automated response next minute. This time I haven't received any response. Should I be worried?

I have checked many times that both the email are same which is WorkflowWNS@homeoffice.gov.uk

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:43 pm

Mehfuzpatel wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:23 pm
Hi

Thanks a lot Marcnath.

Today, I submitted the documents but my query is that when I submitted last time, i had received an automated response next minute. This time I haven't received any response. Should I be worried?

I have checked many times that both the email are same which is WorkflowWNS@homeoffice.gov.uk

Has anyone experienced anything similar?
I don't think that is an issue

Mehfuzpatel

Post by Mehfuzpatel » Tue May 16, 2023 2:33 pm

Hi Mods

Hope You're well.

I applied on June 20, 2022. Requested further documents 4 times from Feb to April 2023. Gave telephone interview on 27th April 2023. It went well.

I need to travel due medical emergency. I already have given them evidence. I don't know why they are taking so long even after the interview. It's been 11 working days after the interview. Business is genuinely doing well. Did over 200k topline for 2-3 years. Profitable too. All the transactions were showing in bank statements.

Any advise on when can I expect a result? If any one else had similar experience?

Thanks for Your help.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed May 17, 2023 8:05 pm

Mehfuzpatel wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 2:33 pm
Hi Mods

Hope You're well.

I applied on June 20, 2022. Requested further documents 4 times from Feb to April 2023. Gave telephone interview on 27th April 2023. It went well.

I need to travel due medical emergency. I already have given them evidence. I don't know why they are taking so long even after the interview. It's been 11 working days after the interview. Business is genuinely doing well. Did over 200k topline for 2-3 years. Profitable too. All the transactions were showing in bank statements.

Any advise on when can I expect a result? If any one else had similar experience?

Thanks for Your help.
There is no way to have an idea on when to expect results.

But you can try writing to them with evidence of your emergency attached and request expedited processing. That has worked before.

Mehfuzpatel

Accelerated ILR refused, next step advise

Post by Mehfuzpatel » Sun May 28, 2023 10:12 am

Hi

I applied on 20th June 2022 for accelerated ILR. HO refused the application today.
I can go for Admin review or make a tier 2 carer visa application, please note I have been offered a cos.

1.What is the best idea to forward? I have stayed 4 years on tier1 but refused today so if I go for carer visa, can I count this period?

2. If I go for admin review and if that is also refused then what happens, would I still get 14 days to go for carer visa, and is the time spent on tier 1 will be counted?

An urgent reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 28, 2023 10:44 am

What were the reasons for refusal?

Do you still have a valid visa or has it already expired?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mehfuzpatel

Post by Mehfuzpatel » Sun May 28, 2023 5:58 pm

I dont have the valid visa, finished in June 2022, that's when I applied for ILR accelerated route. Got the decision today. 245DF(c) refused

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 28, 2023 6:05 pm

So you did not meet the points requirement. What did you not meet exactly?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mehfuzpatel

Post by Mehfuzpatel » Sun May 28, 2023 8:55 pm

Reasons.

1. The VC firm did not conduct due diligence on technical, financial and commercial basis

2. The business did not need workers for last 6 months so I laid them off. This caused a concern for genuineness of the business.

My queries

A. Do You think tier 2 skilled worker or tier 2 carer visa would be given to me if I do not opt for admin review?
B. If they give me the visa for tier 2 then would my 4 years on tier 1 will be counted?

C. My dependants still have not received rejection email, so If i apply for tier 2, what do i do with them? Vary thier application? Or do I wait for their refusal?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon May 29, 2023 9:37 am

Mehfuzpatel wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 8:55 pm
Reasons.

1. The VC firm did not conduct due diligence on technical, financial and commercial basis

2. The business did not need workers for last 6 months so I laid them off. This caused a concern for genuineness of the business.

My queries

A. Do You think tier 2 skilled worker or tier 2 carer visa would be given to me if I do not opt for admin review?
B. If they give me the visa for tier 2 then would my 4 years on tier 1 will be counted?

C. My dependants still have not received rejection email, so If i apply for tier 2, what do i do with them? Vary thier application? Or do I wait for their refusal?
They are both difficult reasons to challenge as they are not adminstrative.

A. Whether you opt for an admin review or not is not relevant to the next visa. What is important is that you apply within 14 days of the refusal (current application or admin review).
B. Yes
C. You should vary their application

Mehfuzpatel

Post by Mehfuzpatel » Tue May 30, 2023 12:46 pm

Thanks Marcnath

Really appreciate your advise.

One of the solicitor told me that I m most likely to be refused for carer as the question would be why to carer as I dnt have any experience and I am from business background.I also can go for admin review and fight a long battle which I am not ready for it.

Does each application not count on its own merit?

I have a 4 year old stateless son and 2 months old stateless son.

I have already applied for a 9 year old and my wife.

So cant really be going to my home country after my 9 year old has spent almost half his time here.

Any advise would really be appreciated.
Thanks
Kind Regards
Mehfuz

Mehfuzpatel

Need to file AR, urgent response will be appreciated

Post by Mehfuzpatel » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:18 am

@Marcnath @CR001

I am thinking to go for admin review for the following reasons.

1. The due diligence was conducted and submitted at initial application stage. I only submitted new term sheet for a diff business (not initially granted visa for) and accountant letter from VC confirming the investment made. Also submitted the VC letters.
2. I understand that my business did not have employees for the last six months but my average employees were more than 20 for more than a year. If the business was not genuine, why would I take the headache of employing these mane employees. My firm made profit for 2 consecutive years, paying more than 100k of VAT and 9k of Corporation tax.

I have been awarded the rest 35 points. Need to get 20 points for investment and genuine business 20.

It's not fair from HO to disallow me.

Also, can I make a fresh Application and admin review together, just a curious. If I get exhausted with admin review, Pap, and judicial review, how much time would I be given to apply on any other visa if at all they will allow.

Is the time spent will also be counted even if the all possibilities exhausted

Please suggest your options. I value ur honest opinion so be brutal about it.

Thanks Sir

Kind Regards
Mehfuz

marcnath

Re: Need to file AR, urgent response will be appreciated

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:29 am

Mehfuzpatel wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:18 am
@Marcnath @CR001

I am thinking to go for admin review for the following reasons.

1. The due diligence was conducted and submitted at initial application stage. I only submitted new term sheet for a diff business (not initially granted visa for) and accountant letter from VC confirming the investment made. Also submitted the VC letters.
2. I understand that my business did not have employees for the last six months but my average employees were more than 20 for more than a year. If the business was not genuine, why would I take the headache of employing these mane employees. My firm made profit for 2 consecutive years, paying more than 100k of VAT and 9k of Corporation tax.

I have been awarded the rest 35 points. Need to get 20 points for investment and genuine business 20.

It's not fair from HO to disallow me.

Also, can I make a fresh Application and admin review together, just a curious. If I get exhausted with admin review, Pap, and judicial review, how much time would I be given to apply on any other visa if at all they will allow.

Is the time spent will also be counted even if the all possibilities exhausted

Please suggest your options. I value ur honest opinion so be brutal about it.

Thanks Sir

Kind Regards
Mehfuz
1. If your business changed, then there would be a need for a new due diligence. For example a due diligence done on a restaurant business cannot be the same for a software development business. But since the reason given was "did not conduct" and you have submitted evidence of that being done, there may be a small opening to argue. However, there is a requirement for those documents to have been submitted at the time of extension and if you have not done that it becomes difficult. But worth trying, especially arguing that you should have been asked for it again.
2. You seem to have a reason to argue genuineness. Unfortunately though, AR is about administrative process, not content. But arguing that shows that you have a case for JR and that may help them reconsider.
You always have the 14 day for rejection and admin review. But there is no leeway if your PAP or JR fails.

Mehfuzpatel

Post by Mehfuzpatel » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:58 pm

Thanks @Marcnath, really appreciate your help.

I am still considering all the options.

Queries

1. If I opt for Tier 2 carer visa, do i still to show my English proof. I gave Naric for Initial tier 1 visa in 2019. And i got refused for ILR last week. So can the same Naric be used?

2. One of the solicitor I went to, told me that I should go for Tier 2 skilled worker and not for carer as its not my expertise and experience. But I can always get training, isnt it. So is this true?

3. My wife and child got refusal today almost after a week. Is that okay if I apply alone first for Tier 2 either skilled or carer on super priority basis and then my can her 14 days starts from today.

I really appreciate Your responses. @Marcnath @CR001 @Zimba

Thanks

Kind Regards
Mehfuz

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:12 pm

Mehfuzpatel wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:58 pm
Thanks @Marcnath, really appreciate your help.

I am still considering all the options.

Queries

1. If I opt for Tier 2 carer visa, do i still to show my English proof. I gave Naric for Initial tier 1 visa in 2019. And i got refused for ILR last week. So can the same Naric be used?

2. One of the solicitor I went to, told me that I should go for Tier 2 skilled worker and not for carer as its not my expertise and experience. But I can always get training, isnt it. So is this true?

3. My wife and child got refusal today almost after a week. Is that okay if I apply alone first for Tier 2 either skilled or carer on super priority basis and then my can her 14 days starts from today.

I really appreciate Your responses. @Marcnath @CR001 @Zimba

Thanks

Kind Regards
Mehfuz
1. You should not need to show English proof at all. The requirement is :
You’ll usually need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply, unless you did this in a previous successful visa application.
And since you have done this in a previous successful application, you should not need to show proof again.

2. To qualify for a Health and Care Worker visa, you must:

be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional
work in an eligible health or social care job
work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office
have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
be paid a minimum salary - how much depends on the type of work you do

Do you satisfy these conditions? You can't get a care worker visa and then go for training. The requirement is that you must be.

3. As long as you apply within 14 days of their rejection, it should be ok

Mehfuzpatel

Post by Mehfuzpatel » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:39 pm

Thanks a lot for Your help.

May God bless You man.

Can I get a training for health worker visa while the admin review is in place? Am i allowed to get the training for a week. I have confirmed that It should take a week

Thanks for Your help.

This forum has definitely saved me more than a thousand pounds. Few solicitors charge more than 200 for few questions

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:25 am

Mehfuzpatel wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:39 pm
Thanks a lot for Your help.

May God bless You man.

Can I get a training for health worker visa while the admin review is in place? Am i allowed to get the training for a week. I have confirmed that It should take a week

Thanks for Your help.

This forum has definitely saved me more than a thousand pounds. Few solicitors charge more than 200 for few questions
Nothing stops you from getting the training. Your visa allows that. Though I am doubtful if HO would consider a 1 week training would allow you to be considered "professional", as specified in the qualification.

Mehfuzpatel

Post by Mehfuzpatel » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:53 am

Hi

My admin review has been unsuccessful today for ILR tier 1 accelerated route. I have 14 days now.

Can i apply on tier 2 carer visa ? If i get successful, will the 4 years spent till today on tier1 can be counted? Or will the clock reset?

Mehfuzpatel

Urgent: admin review rejected

Post by Mehfuzpatel » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:13 am

Hi, my admin review has been rejected, if I get successful in tier 2 visa, is the time spent on tier 1 visa counted?

Mehfuzpatel

Post by Mehfuzpatel » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:06 am

@marcnath @cr001 @zimba

Please help on the above

Thanks

marcnath

Re: Urgent: admin review rejected

Post by marcnath » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:55 pm

Mehfuzpatel wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:13 am
Hi, my admin review has been rejected, if I get successful in tier 2 visa, is the time spent on tier 1 visa counted?
Yes