ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA Spouse joining Non EEA SETTLED Person under the EUSS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

luvn
Newly Registered

Non EEA Spouse joining Non EEA SETTLED Person under the EUSS

Post by luvn » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:58 pm

Hi,
I would appreciate anyone to help me with the query below:
I am a Non EEA former family member of a EU National. I obtained my settled status before 2020, having formerly held a permanent residence card after retention of my rights (when the relationship broke down).
I intend to sponsor my current spouse (recently got married) who is a non EEA National living outside the UK. Am I able to do so under the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit route?
I would appreciate your kind assistance in this matter and valuable info given would be deeply appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Non EEA Spouse joining Non EEA SETTLED Person under the EUSS

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:01 pm

Am I able to do so under the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit route?
No you cannot use the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit route if you are a non EU Citizen.

You only have the option of the more expensive and more requirements of the Spouse visa.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

luvn
Newly Registered

Re: Non EEA Spouse joining Non EEA SETTLED Person under the EUSS

Post by luvn » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:01 pm

No you cannot use the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit route if you are a non EU Citizen.

You only have the option of the more expensive and more requirements of the Spouse visa.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa
Thanks @CR001 for your prompt response! It's a shame , you're right! ... the UK Family route is d'emn expensive & complicated.
Much appreciated 👍🏿