ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long can BRP (PBS Dependent) holder stay outside UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mzmu_mjl06
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

How long can BRP (PBS Dependent) holder stay outside UK

Post by mzmu_mjl06 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:46 pm

Hello all,

I’m a bit confused with the way forward; I would really appreciate for some wise advice.

I came to UK in Dec’22 on Tier-2 with my wife & 2 kids. Unfortunately my wife & kids had to leave for India after collecting BRPs as my wife is pregnant and it was really hard her to manage here as she was new and we didn’t have proper family accommodation.

My question is how long can the dependants (Wife + 2 Kids) can stay outside the UK? Will there be a problem entering UK if stayed more than 6 months (or) so? Or will the BRP gets cancel or so??

I heard that there will be problem while filing for ILR after 5 years, but I am ready to apply for ILR after 6th year.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How long can BRP (PBS Dependent) holder stay outside UK

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:02 pm

My question is how long can the dependants (Wife + 2 Kids) can stay outside the UK?
There is an absence limit relative only to ILR. She can stay out of the UK as long as she wishes.
Will there be a problem entering UK if stayed more than 6 months (or) so? Or will the BRP gets cancel or so??
No and No.
I heard that there will be problem while filing for ILR after 5 years,
ANY absence of 180 days or more in ANY 12 month rolling period breaks their continuity of residence.
but I am ready to apply for ILR after 6th year.
It doesn't matter, any absence of 180 days in any 12 month rolling period breaks the continuity of residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mzmu_mjl06
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by mzmu_mjl06 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:10 pm

It doesn't matter, any absence of 180 days in any 12 month rolling period breaks the continuity of residence.
Will this be a problem during ILR you mean?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:16 pm

mzmu_mjl06 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:10 pm
Yes. Any absence of 180 days or more makes you/them ineligible for ILR and you/them will keep having to apply for extensions and apply for ILR only when you meet ALL the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mzmu_mjl06
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by mzmu_mjl06 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:16 pm
mzmu_mjl06 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:10 pm
Yes. Any absence of 180 days or more makes you/them ineligible for ILR and you/them will keep having to apply for extensions and apply for ILR only when you meet ALL the requirements.
I am planning to bring back to UK in Sep'23 by that time they will be completing 8 months outside UK. Question 1: When can they legally apply for ILR through 5 years route? Does the 5 year cycle starts when they come in Sep'23?? If yes, then I don't mind doing this.
Question 2: Will this also be a problem for my ILR? I am still in UK legally on Tier-2.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:49 pm

I am planning to bring back to UK in Sep'23 by that time they will be completing 8 months outside UK. Question 1: When can they legally apply for ILR through 5 years route? Does the 5 year cycle starts when they come in Sep'23?? If yes, then I don't mind doing this.
Question 2: Will this also be a problem for my ILR? I am still in UK legally on Tier-2.
1. Once they return to the UK, they have to wait 5 years before they can apply for ILR, provided they don't have long absence again as each time they do, their 5 year ILR clock resets to zero.

2. They absence does NOT affect YOU!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mzmu_mjl06
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by mzmu_mjl06 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:49 pm
1. Once they return to the UK, they have to wait 5 years before they can apply for ILR, provided they don't have long absence again as each time they do, their 5 year ILR clock resets to zero.

2. They absence does NOT affect YOU!!
Thanks a lot dear. Now it's clear.