ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

information request mail from Home Office but no mail in my mail box

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

myycall
Newly Registered
Korea South

Confused of ILR application submission date

Post by myycall » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:54 am

Hello,

Firstly, I appreciate all your information regarding the relevant immigrations.

But I need your help to calculate the ILR available application submission date for me and my wife.

The below is my and my wife's visa status.

* Visa timeline
- My visa status had been changed from Tier 4 to Tier 2 General visa on 3rd December 2018.
- At the same time, my wife had also been changed from Tier 4 to Tier 2 General Dependent visa.
- Since I had moved company, new tier 2 general visa (Skilled worker visa) had released on 3rd March 2021.
- Wife also change the visa to Skilled worker dependent visa.
- Current visa is valid until 3rd March 2024.

I am a bit confused if the available ILR application submission date is 28days prior to the current visa expiry date or before 28 days from 2nd December 2023.

Your kind responses will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Confused of ILR application submission date

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:28 pm

It is within 28 days from completing your 5 years qualifying period, counting from the very first Tier 2 visa approval. The current visa expiry date is irrelevant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

myycall
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by myycall » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:55 am

zimba wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:28 pm
It is within 28 days from completing your 5 years qualifying period, counting from the very first Tier 2 visa approval. The current visa expiry date is irrelevant
Thanks for your kind response Zimba.

Does it mean that I and my wife could submit the ILR application after 5th November 2023 since the very first Tier 2 visa had been issued 3rd December 2018?

I know you've already answer this question but want to ask the earliest date of available application submission date.

Also, I had changed visa status from Tier 4 to Tier 2. For this reason, I have no stamp to enter the UK.
Is it also okay not to include stamp page with this reason?

Sorry for several questions and thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Yunyeong

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:58 am

Correct. There is no requirement to provide an entry stamp
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

myycall
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by myycall » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:10 pm

zimba wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:58 am
Correct. There is no requirement to provide an entry stamp
Hello Zimba,

I really appreciate your responses.

And I would like to ask your opinions regarding my 5 year counting.

When I got the first tier 2 visa, I got a project manager SOC code. But 2nd tier 2 visa is different SOC code which is project engineer in the shortage occupation list.

In this case, it is okay for me to count 5 years and submit the ILR application based on the first skilled worker visa issued date?

Sorry for this foolish question and thanks in advance for your kind response!

Best Regards,
Yunyeong

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:08 am

ILR qualifying period has nothing to do with SOC codes. Your qualifying period starts from the date of the first visa issue date

myycall
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by myycall » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:53 am

zimba wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:08 am
ILR qualifying period has nothing to do with SOC codes. Your qualifying period starts from the date of the first visa issue date
Thanks for your kind response Zimba!

Your are a star!!

myycall
Newly Registered
Korea South

Employer's letter contents (Two different companies but same parent company)

Post by myycall » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:43 pm

Hello,

I kindly ask your support to get an appropriate employer's letter.

My case makes me confused.

I worked two companies in 5 years period and two companies' global parent company is the same. However, each company has its own company reference number in the UK and sponsored my visa, separately. In this sense, each company sponsored with different SOC code for my tier 2 visa.

Based on previous forum, employer's letter should be included the below contents;
1. I am still required for the employment in question for the foreseeable future.
- My thought is this will be only for current company.

2. The initial and nearest applicable SOC code which best describes my employment (As I am aware, I have two SOC code for my working visa in 5 years)
- Do I need to ask employer to provide two SOC code for my whole employment?

3. My current role and annual salary with based working hours per week and your confirmation that this is at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors
- My thought is this will be only for current company.

4. Company's sponsorship reference
- Do I need to ask employer to provide two companies' sponsorship reference for my whole employment?
5. Periods of paid annual leaves from the UK and also stating your period of unpaid leaves
- Do I need to ask employer to provide two companies' information?
6. Confirmation for the period of annual leaves which I was out from the UK (see the attached)
- Do I need to ask employer to provide two companies' information?

Thanks for reading through the long queries and your kind responses will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Yunyeong

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Employer's letter contents (Two different companies but same parent company)

Post by lolo2 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:58 pm

All the information - letter, salary, etc - to apply for ILR under the SW category is related to the current employment.

Nothing is required from past employers or jobs.

myycall
Newly Registered
Korea South

Re: Employer's letter contents (Two different companies but same parent company)

Post by myycall » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:26 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:58 pm
All the information - letter, salary, etc - to apply for ILR under the SW category is related to the current employment.

Nothing is required from past employers or jobs.
Thanks lolo.

I've been in the UK since 2017 with Tier 4 visa and changed tier 2 visa in 2018.

In terms of UK entry date, does it 2017 or 2018 for ILR from tier 2?

Best Regards,

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:58 pm

All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route

UK date of entry entered on the form doesn't affect anything

myycall
Newly Registered
Korea South

queries in ILR Set (O) application

Post by myycall » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:09 pm

Hello All,

I really appreciate your support to reach the ILR application stage.

Today, I start to fill out the application form but several ambiguous items I kindly ask your opinions.

1. How many days, weeks, months or years have you lived at this address?
- My understanding for the question in application is how long I have lived in the currrent address in the UK.
Am I right?

2. Living in the other country
- I stayed in Mongolia about 2 years for work. In this case, do I need to input this information on my application?

3. My wife ILR application
- Her first BRP was issued 19th December 2018 and lived with me 5 years. In this case, is my wife also available to submit her ILR application from 21st November 2023? (19th December 2018 +5 years - 28 days)

Thanks in advance for your kind responses.

Best Regards,
Yunyeong

zimba
Mood:

Re: queries in ILR Set (O) application

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:16 pm

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes, apply using one application

myycall
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by myycall » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:41 pm

Hello Zimba,

Thanks for your kind responses.

Could you please provide your wisdom for my other queries?

1. "When did you first enter the UK? (Required)
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started."

I entered into the UK as a Tier 4 visa in 6th September 2017,
but my tier 2 visa started from 9th December 2018.
In the ILR application, I confused which date would be okay for me to input.

(I started my work from 3rd Dec 2018 which was a bit earlier than 9th Dec 2018.)

2. "Time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies
Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK? (Required)
This includes any absences however short. Do not include travel to Crown Dependencies."

For this question, do I need to input the information from 6th Sep 2017 or is it okay for me to input the relevant information from 9th Dec 2018?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Best Regards,
Yunyeong

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:47 pm

1. You were already advised about this, any of those dates will be fine, it doesn't matter.
2. Basically a similar response than in 1. Relevant absences are within the qualifying period (2018-2023). Adding trips between 2017-2018 will have no effect on the application though.

myycall
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by myycall » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:51 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:16 pm
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes, apply using one application

In terms of question 2, is it okay not to include countries that I travelled since it is not actual living in the country?

Sorry for this foolish question...

Best Regards,
Yunyeong

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:54 pm

It says 'lived' NOT travelled. These things are not important. Stop worrying

myycall
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by myycall » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:11 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:54 pm
It says 'lived' NOT travelled. These things arenot important. Stop worrying

I have other queries. forgive my foolishness...

In ILR application, there is a consent part and there are three questons:

1. Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people? (Yes/No)
- For my wife's application, I will submit several cohabitation evidence with my and my wife's names are on. In this sense, the answer for my case is "yes".

2. I understand that by ticking this check box I am giving consent to verification checks. I will provide a declaration signed by each of the other joint customers on an account with a bank or utility company.
- As the answer for the first question is "yes", I will provide consent form with my signature on part 1 and my wife's signature on part 2. Is it correct?

3. Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
- My understanding is this question is if I have any financial support from third parties. But I have no support from others. In this case, the answer for me is "No". Is it right?

Best Regards,
Yunyeong

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:28 pm

myycall wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:11 pm
zimba wrote:

1. Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people? (Yes/No)
- For my wife's application, I will submit several cohabitation evidence with my and my wife's names are on. In this sense, the answer for my case is "yes".

2. I understand that by ticking this check box I am giving consent to verification checks. I will provide a declaration signed by each of the other joint customers on an account with a bank or utility company.
- As the answer for the first question is "yes", I will provide consent form with my signature on part 1 and my wife's signature on part 2. Is it correct?

3. Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
- My understanding is this question is if I have any financial support from third parties. But I have no support from others. In this case, the answer for me is "No". Is it right? correct, So no signature required, put Not Applicable

Best Regards,
Yunyeong

myycall
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by myycall » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:40 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:28 pm
myycall wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:11 pm
zimba wrote:

- My understanding is this question is if I have any financial support from third parties. But I have no support from others. In this case, the answer for me is "No". Is it right? correct, So no signature required, put Not Applicable

Best Regards,
Yunyeong
Thanks AmazonianX.

Is the other answers for other questions also correct?

Best Regards,
Yunyeong

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:43 pm

They are correct.

myycall
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by myycall » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:48 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:43 pm
They are correct.

Thanks AmazonianX.

If you don't mind, could you please provide your wisdom for other queries?

1. I confused about national identity card for ILR application.
I have a national identity card number since I have a korean identity card.
But I don't know if it is okay for me not to input any national identity number on the application.

2. I know lolo2 and Zimba already responded this query but I found other topics that I need to input the tier 2 switched date from Tier 4 student visa. But I've started work from 3rd Dec 2018 and Tier 2 switched date was 9th Dec 2018. In this case, which date can I put the First UK entry date for ILR application? (First UK Entry date with Tier 4 visa was 6th Sep 2017 and switched visa to Tier 2 in the UK.)

Thanks for your kind responses in advance.

Best Regads,
Yunyeong

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:53 pm

1. A foreign identity card doesn't have any relevance to this application. You can either put the details or say no, it will have no impact on the decision.

2. Once again, that's not an issue. Use whatever date you want to put, both will be acceptable. In my ILR application I put the date when I entered the UK with a Tier 4/Student visa and it was approved, no questions asked.

You're overthinking things!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:30 pm

myycall wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:48 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:43 pm
They are correct.

Thanks AmazonianX.

If you don't mind, could you please provide your wisdom for other queries?

1. I confused about national identity card for ILR application.
I have a national identity card number since I have a korean identity card.
But I don't know if it is okay for me not to input any national identity number on the application. Not compulsory to put the national ID. However if you have at some point in the past included it in your application(s) to UKVI, then include it now also.

2. I know lolo2 and Zimba already responded this query but I found other topics that I need to input the tier 2 switched date from Tier 4 student visa. But I've started work from 3rd Dec 2018 and Tier 2 switched date was 9th Dec 2018. In this case, which date can I put the First UK entry date for ILR application? (First UK Entry date with Tier 4 visa was 6th Sep 2017 and switched visa to Tier 2 in the UK.)

Thanks for your kind responses in advance.

Best Regads,
Yunyeong

myycall
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by myycall » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:28 pm

Thanks for all responses.

I kindly ask another question for my ILR application.

In application, I need to input the sponsor licence number as shown on my Certificate of Sponsorship.
But ILR does not need CoS.
Is it okay for me to put the sponsor licence number with my current company?
Current company provided the letter that they will work with me in the foreseeable future.

Sorry for foolish question...

Best Regards,
Yunyeong