ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenshep Application Pending 2020

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sham321
Ireland

Citizenshep Application Pending 2020

Post by Sham321 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:57 pm

Hi All,

Just checking if there is anyone else as me who is waiting on since November 2020. I have applied in November 2020 and evetting was done in August 2022, since a complete silence. My solicitor has followed up couple of times but nothing happens.

Anyone else waiting for that long? I am going for JR now as this is taking so long.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Citizenshep Application Pending 2020

Post by mentalmind » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:03 pm

Sham321 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:57 pm
Hi All,

Just checking if there is anyone else as me who is waiting on since November 2020. I have applied in November 2020 and evetting was done in August 2022, since a complete silence. My solicitor has followed up couple of times but nothing happens.

Anyone else waiting for that long? I am going for JR now as this is taking so long.
Did your solicitor them with going to JR path? Most of the time they ask some time after threatening with JR path and take a decision. I am not sure how expensive/exhausting going JR way so it's better to threaten them taking JR path first.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:06 pm

Yea, send them a warning letter. Do FOI, see what they've done so far.
Did you get in trouble with the law or something? If yes, that could be the reason for it taking so long.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Sham321
Ireland

Post by Sham321 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:17 pm

I was never involved in any garda related incident so not sure why my case is taking so long. My solicitor has sent couple of warning letters but they say its in process. Last time they said that my case will be in final stages in Q1 2023 but I have not heard anything since.

I think the JR is no win no fees basis and if i won the case, the fees will be paid by the department so I dont think it is expensive to go for JR.

Please share your experience on this. Thanks