ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband British Passport & Wife Indian, France Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ksadoc
- thin ice -

Husband British Passport & Wife Indian, France Visa

Post by ksadoc » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:53 am

Hi All,

If husband and kid hold British Passport and Wife has Indian passport + Idefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), can we all go to France for 4 nights. I have been desparately trying to get a Visa Slot for my wife from TLS here in London, but no luck since 1 month. Have emailed French Embassy, awaiting reply.All of us work in NHS as doctors and since we already prepared have all the Employment letter, Bank, Pay Slips etc. All bookings, fights,Hotels paid for and then I am sure go ahead to fill the visa which is a pre-requisite. At the end is the TLS visa booking which I am sure is Unbelievable.
We are flying by British Airways. I dont have any hope from TLS as since 1 month, no luck!
Please advise. 03 weeks to fly!
Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Husband British Passport & Wife Indian, France Visa

Post by secret.simon » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:18 am

Post Brexit, your non-EEA wife has no automatic right to enter the EU, even if accompanied by the British spouse (you).

She will need the visa to board the flight or ferry.

It is possible that BA may not even allow her to board the flight.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:36 am

If husband and kid hold British Passport and Wife has Indian passport + Idefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
Had she applied for British citizenship and then passport last year when she got ILR, you would not have this problem now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ksadoc
- thin ice -

Post by ksadoc » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:01 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:18 am
Post Brexit, your non-EEA wife has no automatic right to enter the EU, even if accompanied by the British spouse (you).

She will need the visa to board the flight or ferry.

It is possible that BA may not even allow her to board the flight.
Thanks

ksadoc
- thin ice -

Post by ksadoc » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:36 am
If husband and kid hold British Passport and Wife has Indian passport + Idefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
Had she applied for British citizenship and then passport last year when she got ILR, you would not have this problem now.
Yep, will do now. Just got delayed with move over and work work work.

Thanks