ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization - Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jedi900

Naturalization - Questions

Post by jedi900 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:30 am

Hi all

I submitted my naturalization application yesterday March 31st, my biometric isn't until 21st April.

Quick question:

1. Is it ok if my referee signed 2 weeks prior to when i submitted my application i.e. on March 13th or does the form need to be signed after i submit? I was trying to get all my documents ready before submitting. My second referee will sign sometime next week.

2. For the proof of living in us for 5 years, is my passport enough? It has all my entry clearances from Tier 5, and tier 2 when i entered the UK after getting my visa. However, my only concern is when entering uk after a vacation I normally used the electronic gates 5 years ago and don't get my passport stamped. It does however get stamped when i enter an overseas country. Is the passport still sufficient or should i include other information? I imagine they have all of my entry and exist in their system no?

3. I don't think i have made any mistakes in my application but incase i want to add additional details for a particular question e.g. item 2 above is it ok to submit a cover letter similar to what i did for ILR and tier 2 applications?

Thanks all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization - Questions

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:36 am

1. Is it ok if my referee signed 2 weeks prior to when i submitted my application i.e. on March 13th or does the form need to be signed after i submit? I was trying to get all my documents ready before submitting. My second referee will sign sometime next week.
Yes fine.
2. For the proof of living in us for 5 years, is my passport enough? It has all my entry clearances from Tier 5, and tier 2 when i entered the UK after getting my visa. However, my only concern is when entering uk after a vacation I normally used the electronic gates 5 years ago and don't get my passport stamped. It does however get stamped when i enter an overseas country. Is the passport still sufficient or should i include other information? I imagine they have all of my entry and exist in their system no?
Passport only.
3. I don't think i have made any mistakes in my application but incase i want to add additional details for a particular question e.g. item 2 above is it ok to submit a cover letter similar to what i did for ILR and tier 2 applications?
You are overthinking. You do not need to explain anything.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jedi900

Post by jedi900 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:44 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:36 am
Yes fine.
Passport only.
You are overthinking. You do not need to explain anything.
Thank you CR001, I really appreciate all the guidance that you and everyone in this community provides.

jedi900

Post by jedi900 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:49 pm

Hello all, one more questions.

My appointment is on Friday, but just got an email that our landlord have upped our rent by 40%. we are now thinking of moving by 1 June.

Would it be better to cancel application and reapply after moving? (its still a couple months away).

Or is it possible to provide the new address to the case officer later after my application is being processed. given it can take up to 6 months or more do i have to only provide a letter of change of address or also other details like utility bills etc?

Should i also mention in my application cover letter that we are looking to move on 1 June and will provide further details later on?

I assume the citizenship ceremony would be in different borough if we move boroughs?

jedi900

Post by jedi900 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:13 pm

I can see in my submission page that I have to:
Attend an appointment to provide your documents and biometrics by 02 June 2023

So another option is to cancel my biometric for Friday and reschedule to end of May (hopefully we will have a new apartment by then). Could I then add the new address to my cover letter?

My only concern about canceling the application is that it will take time to get the refund and I would have to redo everything.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:01 am

If I would be you, I would not cancel my application and just simply let the caseworker know my latest address. I have seen some cases where the just inform the HO that they moved the property.

vijay777
Newly Registered

Post by vijay777 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:11 am

Hi i submited my citizenship application by march 16 2023. i am waiting for decision, i need to travel outside uk. Can i travel outside UK.could you advise me please.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:16 am

vijay777 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:11 am
Hi i submited my citizenship application by march 16 2023. i am waiting for decision, i need to travel outside uk. Can i travel outside UK.could you advise me please.
Not fair to hijack someone else's thread. Always start yours. Yes you can travel.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

vijay777
Newly Registered

Post by vijay777 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:26 am

Ticktack wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:16 am
vijay777 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:11 am
Not fair to hijack someone else's thread. Always start yours. Yes you can travel.
My apologies,

Thanks for your response

jedi900

Post by jedi900 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:30 am

klownking wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:01 am
If I would be you, I would not cancel my application and just simply let the caseworker know my latest address. I have seen some cases where the just inform the HO that they moved the property.
Thank you. I am going in today to get biometrics done. I will submit change of address one i know the new address and have a signed tenancy agreement using the following site:
https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

And i dont think i will mention it in my cover letter given i dont know the new address yet. so kind of pointless and could add confusion to the case officer.