ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how Non EU extended family member on pre settled status would sponsor their new born child inside the UK ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

robin12345
Newly Registered
Ireland

how Non EU extended family member on pre settled status would sponsor their new born child inside the UK ?

Post by robin12345 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:30 am

Hi.

My sister is a Pakistani national and on pre settled status(extended family member) here in the UK. She had a baby girl few months ago and we applied pre settled status for the baby with linking her application to the mother but it got refused as she cant sponsor her child because mother is dependent herself. Anyone got any idea what visa she should apply for her daughter please?

Thank you

secret.simon

Re: how Non EU extended family member on pre settled status would sponsor their new born child inside the UK ?

Post by secret.simon » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:22 am

What is the UK immigration status of the other parent?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

robin12345
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: how Non EU extended family member on pre settled status would sponsor their new born child inside the UK ?

Post by robin12345 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:33 am

Thank you for your reply.
Both are Pakistani Nationals and mother is in the UK with pre settled status.
secret.simon wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:22 am

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:37 am

robin12345
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by robin12345 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:42 am

Yes mother and baby had to travel outside for emergency. Child has UK birth certificate and GP letters and stuff.
JB007 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:37 am
Is the baby still outside the UK?
eea-route-applications/both-parents-hol ... l#p2110406

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:52 am

robin12345 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:33 am
secret.simon wrote:

The general rule of thumb is that the child will have the same UK immigration status as that of the second/less-privileged parent.

So, what is the second parent/father's UK immigration status? If they don't have any, then it is possible that the child is not eligible for a UK visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

robin12345
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by robin12345 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:54 am

Father is in Pakistan with Pakistani nationality. Can mother apply for dependent child based on human right route with myself as a British citizen and my wife as an Irish national?

Thank you
secret.simon wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:52 am
robin12345 wrote:
secret.simon wrote:

The general rule of thumb is that the child will have the same UK immigration status as that of the second/less-privileged parent.

So, what is the second parent/father's UK immigration status? If they don't have any, then it is possible that the child is not eligible for a UK visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:56 am

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:52 am
robin12345 wrote:
secret.simon wrote:

Not sure if the spouse was also sponsored as an extended family member when the OP asked about this in 2019.

eea-route-applications/can-non-eu-famil ... l#p1755699
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:45 pm

As the OP's sister is a person on pre-settled status, she could sponsor both her husband and child on the same terms as a British citizen, meeting the minimum income requirement of £22,400 per annum or savings of £72,000 ((22,400*2.5)+16,000), the partner meeting the minimum English language requirement of A1 (though if he can get a B1, he can continue to use that certificate till ILR), etc.

The visa fees would be the usual £1,538 for both spouse and child (£3,076) and in addition, the Immigration Health Surcharge of £1,872 for the partner and £1410 for the child.

As mentioned earlier, the child would follow the same immigration pathway as the second/less-privileged parent and would need to apply for the same visa extensions at the same time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:05 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:45 pm
As the OP's sister is a person on pre-settled status, she could sponsor both her husband and child on the same terms as a British citizen, meeting the minimum income requirement of £22,400 per annum or savings of £72,000 ((22,400*2.5)+16,000), the partner meeting the minimum English language requirement of A1 (though if he can get a B1, he can continue to use that certificate till ILR), etc.

The visa fees would be the usual £1,538 for both spouse and child (£3,076) and in addition, the Immigration Health Surcharge of £1,872 for the partner and £1410 for the child.

As mentioned earlier, the child would follow the same immigration pathway as the second/less-privileged parent and would need to apply for the same visa extensions at the same time.
She cannot sponsor them until she herself has Settled Status as she is non EU.

Only an EU citizen with pre-settled status can sponsor spouse/children under Appendix FM if the EU citizen was in the UK before 1st January 2021.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:34 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:05 pm
She cannot sponsor them until she herself has Settled Status as she is non EU.

Only an EU citizen with pre-settled status can sponsor spouse/children under Appendix FM if the EU citizen was in the UK before 1st January 2021.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
CR001, you are quite correct and my earlier advice was incorrect.

I had misunderstood that *all* people with pre-settled status could sponsor their family members under Appendix FM. I went through the Immigration Rules and for non-EEA citizens, that ability does seem to be limited to those "present and settled in the UK".

I withdraw my advice given above.

To the OP, it seems that there is currently no option for your sister to sponsor her family to the UK, until she gets Settled Status, for which she herself will need to return to the UK, leaving the child with her partner.

robin12345
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by robin12345 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:34 am

Thank you for everyone's reply. Is there anyway she can apply for dependent child visa via human rights route ?

Thank you

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:07 pm

To the best of my knowledge, there is only a potential human rights approach if the child/person is already in the UK, i.e. to extend existing leave within the UK or to grant leave to an illegal resident already in the UK.

See, for instance, this thread, the main difference in this case being that the child is still in the UK (as are both their parents).

I don't think that there is a human rights option for bringing people into the UK, particularly when one of the parents is not even resident in the UK.

Your sister has an individual right to come to the UK, her family doesn't.