ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council tax reduction query.

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

emlou3131
Newly Registered

Council tax reduction query.

Post by emlou3131 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:43 pm

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help! I am a British citizen and my husband is on the 10 year route based on private life (British child).
I am entitled to council tax reduction, however they have sent the new statement for this year which shows the reduction as due to a couple.
Now as my husband is not entitled to public funds, I'm wondering will I no longer be able to get the reduction?

Thankyou!

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Council tax reduction query.

Post by JB007 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:44 pm

Have a read of this article/warning. CTR is the last 3 paragraphs.
CTR is also a public fund; however unlike UC the Local Authority cannot separate the partner with NRPF from the award, and CTR is a single claim with a partner included. This may result in additional public funds being paid to the partner with recourse, which could then breach the NRPF condition. An exception could be if the amount of CTR is the same for the claimant even if the partner is included, for example if the claimant would still be passported to full CTR.

The article is linked on this sticky claiming-benefits/universal-credit-clai ... 02126.html