ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian spouse of Irish citizen living in India, want to move Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Abhi899
Newly Registered
India

Indian spouse of Irish citizen living in India, want to move Ireland

Post by Abhi899 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:03 am

Dear all,
I am Indian citizen and my wife is Irish. We living in India for past one year and we are both self employed.
Now we are thinking to move Ireland, nothing online is coming up as in our case we both are living in India.
I’m looking for some guidance in this.
Thanks

Abhinav

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Indian spouse of Irish citizen living in India, want to move Ireland

Post by littlerr » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:53 pm

What advice do you want to obtain? What online can you not find? If you are referring to long-stay visas, surely your case is one of the most common scenarios and there should be advice everywhere, or are you looking for something else?

Abhi899
Newly Registered
India

Post by Abhi899 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:55 pm

For the Irish citizen to bring spouse to Ireland she needs to be working in Ireland, but we both here in India and want to move Ireland together, what visa should I apply?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:42 pm

Well you can’t say your sponsor will just come to Ireland without any job or money, right? That would suggest to the visa officer that you may have to rely on social benefits, which will raise a red flag in your visa application.

The requirement is that the sponsor needs to earn 40K euro in the last 3 years. It does not say that sponsor must be working or living in Ireland in the last 3 years. The sponsor’s employer can issue a letter saying how much your sponsor has earned in the last three years, and if they intend to continue hiring them once you relocate to Ireland.

If your sponsor needs to quit their old job in their current place of residence, and find a new job in Ireland, they need to show proof that they have either secured a job in Ireland, or that they have sufficient resources to cover you two in the foreseeable future.

yasin786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by yasin786 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:42 pm

Hi Abhi,

Did you apply on behalf of your spouse or not yet? what's the status?