ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jobs for senior telecom professionals

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kundalak

Jobs for senior telecom professionals

Post by kundalak » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:54 am

I am applying for a Tier-I in Dec and am planning to move to UK in March-April.

Anybody from telecommunications projects background please update on the possible job scenario then.

I have 15+ years of experience in wireline/broadband telecommunications projects in India with TELCOs like MTNL & TTSL as well a short experience with Tech Mahindra working for BT outsourcing projects on Network front.

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:00 am

If you would have done a quick search on this forum, you would have noticed that the market is dead at the moment. As it is there is hardly any movement in the market in Decemeber (due to new year & Christmas), and is compounded by the current economic crisis.

In short it will be a bad idea to come over in December, and in my opinion better option will be to wait at least until March-April 2009 in the hope that job market will start moving by then.

kundalak

Post by kundalak » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:44 pm

Dear dnicky,

As I mentioned in my post I am applying in Dec and plan to move in March-April only.

Just wanted help on type of jobs, what do recruiters look for, CV preparation etc. from people on this board with similar experience and background (10-15 years of TELCO/TELECOM EQUIPMENT VENDOR fixed line/broadband projects/operations/planning)

If you have a similar background or know somebody with a similar background please share details

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:46 am

What I meant was there is hardly any point in applying for jobs from outside UK, as you getting response while you are physically not present in UK is hard.
As I said earlier better option will be to wait until March-April next year and then plan to move to UK (if the market opens up) to search for jobs.

Do a quick search on this forum, and there you should find some posts mentioning experiences about applying from outside UK.

As for the CV, the most important piece of information that the recruiters look for is UK experience. Other than that keep your CV short and to the point. If you have worked on quite a few projects (which you would have based upon your number of years of experience), only specify the mpst 4-5 recent projects and make a mention that details of other projects can be made available, if required.

ghulbhai

april 09 - too soon !!!

Post by ghulbhai » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:11 am

I think April 09 is too soon for this stagnation to get moving.

I spoke to several consultants and had spoken to some as if I wanted their opinions as a market survey person. While some said recovery could be beyond april 09 - most I spoke to are not optimistic until 2nd quarter of 09. Which is like beyond june 09...

I think people should spend money a lot in this kind of situation... if people dont spend, the market sentiment doesnt return so quickly. So I would think a 6 month time frame from here on would be a decent time for the markets to stabilise a bit.. assuming people spend atleast from the start of financial year 09. I hope.
:cry:

nokia33
- thin ice -

Post by nokia33 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:57 am

What about the telecom jobs situation in Australia/NZ ? is it better as compared to UK or even worse?

SallyA
BANNED

Post by SallyA » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:52 pm

we will only have to wait and see - everything is just deads right now! And getting worse - in Dec we thought we would not have to make any redundancies and now there have been two this month!!!! So my advise wait and see in a few months!

kundalak

Post by kundalak » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:22 am

Any inputs on the condition now specifically for telecom pros at a senior level

I have booked my tkts and am landing in the first week of April

custodian

Post by custodian » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:28 am

kundalak wrote:Any inputs on the condition now specifically for telecom pros at a senior level

I have booked my tkts and am landing in the first week of April
Hop on to monster.co.uk, jobserve.com, reed.co.uk
See if there are any jobs that match your profile.

You'll know for yourself whether the market is good or bad for the technologies that concern you.

All the best :)

SallyA
BANNED

Post by SallyA » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Agreed it is slowly better in some places and worse in others :?

kundalak

Post by kundalak » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:20 am

Is there anybody with 15-15+ years of experience on the boards, who could share his/her experience on job search?

It would be icing on the cake if he/she is from the Telecom (Telco operations/Consulting/Projects)(non-IT) sector?

cooolz

Post by cooolz » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:15 am

Hi all,
In the current economic scenario , how should i go job hunting from india.

I have 6+ years of experience in

in software development in

Telecom Prepaid, Postpaid and VAS Applications
Telecom Intelligent Networks.
and in
Telecom IN Services Installation , Provisioning and Management.

where and how to look for job in these areas ?

Thanks

ssuresh83

Telecom OSS Professional Service Activation 4 yrs

Post by ssuresh83 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:00 am

Hi COOLZ

I am also a telecom guy with 4 yr exp in OSS Service Activation.
How is the job market for telecom people.
i have 4 yr exp in Core JAva,jsp,servlets,Hibernate and TCL.kindly let me know the job search in telecom
my email id is ssuresh83@gmail.com
Suresh S

kundalak

Post by kundalak » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:42 am

I am pure telecom TELCO network person. The only thing of IT I know is MS Office, Foxpro.

I am in the UK for two weeks now and applying for senior manager roles in network planning, project, roll-out, regulatory or network strategy

The response has been lukewarm as of date. I have my CV with two clients waiting for feedback

cooolz

Post by cooolz » Tue May 05, 2009 3:46 am

Hi Suresh,

No luck till now .

Whats happening at your end ?

Regards

cooolz

Post by cooolz » Mon May 11, 2009 11:09 am

Did anybody succeeded in getting a job in recent times ? any recent T1 stamping and job success story.

Regards

gujalls

Post by gujalls » Tue May 12, 2009 5:21 am

kundalak,

You were planning to move to U.K. in March - Apr 09.
Where are you now?

In U.K. ?

kundalak

Openings in telecom

Post by kundalak » Fri May 22, 2009 12:12 pm

I have been requested by an agent to refer people with telecoms/hand's on experience on circuiting, NetAct, Cramer, planning & design of mobile packet-core networks.

Please reply, if interested with your e-mail id.

Gujalls,

Yes I am in the UK & looking out for jobs. My CV is with about 5-6 clients and am awaiting feedback.

ssuresh83

Post by ssuresh83 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:39 am

Hi ,

I am looking out for telecom openings.mainly in OSS Service Activation. i have worked on provisioning platform called Tertio Provident. please send me the consultant mail id to ssuresh83@gmail.comor +91 9986019942
Suresh S

kundalak

Post by kundalak » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:14 am

Anybody with NSN Packet core network experience especially operations experience please get in touch with me.

Conditions: Holding Valid Tier-I/HSMP & staying in the UK/Anywhere in the world.

Raj S
Newly Registered

Post by Raj S » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:50 am

Hi, This is Raj here. I have arrived in UK this march and have about 5 yrs of telecommunication experince (Are of Service Activation and Assurance in OSS) with adequate exposure of ADSL Broadband provisioning. If there are any job openings for the same or info about the same then please pm me or mail me. Thx !!