ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M FROM FIANCEE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR M FROM FIANCEE

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:24 am

Angel_86 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:57 pm
Hey guys im so happy today, as i mentioned on tuesday our marriage ceremony couldnt go ahead and no dates were available before my fiancees visa expiry date but today i got a call that theyve got us in to marry 1 day before the expiry date so thats 6 june and my fiancees visa expiry date is 7th June,

Can i just ask do we have to apply on the 6th? for the FLR or can we apply on the expiry date aswel?
You can apply on the expiry date however would suggest you apply on 6th as soon as you get the marriage certificate.
There could be a glitch or 1 thing out of a lot of things that are beyond your control. If possible avoid boxing yourself into a corner by leaving things to the very last minute.
My opinion.

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:07 pm

I totally agree with you, we’ll apply on the 6th,
Thank you amazonianX

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:54 pm

Angel_86 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:17 pm
But on the application form it asks us why extending and one option is if unable to get married when arriving as a fiancee.
Ive read on websites aswel that if we not able to get married we can extend providing evidence that a ceremony will be taking place
From your subsequent posts, it appears you've got a resolution for this.

However, when faced with that circumstance, E-LTRP.1.11.allows for such extension.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Mon May 15, 2023 7:35 pm

Thankyou.
A quick Question. Next week is our ceremony. We would have applied as soon as we got our marriage Certificate but my bank statement online doesnt become available till the 4th of june and my pip gets paid on the 26th, Do banks still print out? Im with Natwest, we have all the documents at the moment apart from the bank statement and the marriage certificate

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon May 15, 2023 7:51 pm

Angel_86 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 7:35 pm
Thankyou.
A quick Question. Next week is our ceremony. We would have applied as soon as we got our marriage Certificate but my bank statement online doesnt become available till the 4th of june and my pip gets paid on the 26th, Do banks still print out? Im with Natwest, we have all the documents at the moment apart from the bank statement and the marriage certificate
Print outs still done by banks, some will not sign, some are electronically stamped. Get to a branch of your bank to ascertain what level of service is available from them.

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Tue May 16, 2023 11:25 am

Thank you for replying, if i was to print out PDF online, do we have to get them stamped?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 16, 2023 12:28 pm

Angel_86 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:25 am
Thank you for replying, if i was to print out PDF online, do we have to get them stamped?
No
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TandT
Mood:
Liberia

Post by TandT » Wed May 17, 2023 1:08 am

You have just put yourself under unnecessary stress. You could have just asked anybody at the registry to be your witness and have photos taken when the latecomer witness Fela arrived. Anyway, good luck.

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Tue May 23, 2023 2:16 pm

Got married today but noticed that my husbands fathers name has been spelled incorrectly on the marriage certificate,
Could that be a reason for a refusal for my husbands FLR.
Thanks