ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAN I APPLY FOR ILR AFTER FLR(FP) and FLR (M)?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Uche
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Uche » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:49 am

I was legally married in the UK before I got my 2 and half years FLR under (FP). At the end of that I got another 2 and half years FLR under (M). This at the end will make it five years in total.
Am I eligible to apply for ILR at the end of this continues FLR?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: CAN I APPLY FOR ILR AFTER FLR(FP) and FLR (M)?

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:40 am

Uche wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:49 am
I was legally married in the UK before I got my 2 and half years FLR under (FP). At the end of that I got another 2 and half years FLR under (M). This at the end will make it five years in total.
Am I eligible to apply for ILR at the end of this continues FLR?
You can not combine both to make 5years. You will need ro complete another 2.5years on FLRM before you can apply ILR using SET(M)

Uche
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Uche » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:33 am

Thanks a lot…….I knew this will be the case but a layer was telling me that I can apply for ILR …. I just wanted to confirm……. This forum has been useful…thanks a lot :D

Uche
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Uche » Sat May 27, 2023 9:14 pm

I got the 2 and half years BRP further leave to remain using form (FP) because of my wife and kids being British Citizens and before it expired I got the 2 and half years further live to remain using from (M), still because of my wife and kids being British Citizens. Should I apply for ILR since that will make my stay in marriage up to 5 years or do I have to apply for another 2 and years under form (M) again?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 27, 2023 9:19 pm

Topics merged.

The answer remains exactly the same as when you asked the same question over a year ago.

You need 5 years in flr m before you can apply for ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat May 27, 2023 10:05 pm

Uche wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:14 pm
I got the 2 and half years BRP further leave to remain using form (FP) because of my wife and kids being British Citizens and before it expired I got the 2 and half years further live to remain using from (M), still because of my wife and kids being British Citizens. Should I apply for ILR since that will make my stay in marriage up to 5 years or do I have to apply for another 2 and years under form (M) again?

Thanks in advance
Apply for FLR (M) again.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 28, 2023 1:28 am

You need 60 months under the 5-year route

The rules: indefinite-leave-to-remain/new-rule-on- ... l#p2073046
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice