ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel while waiting for the visa decision- In country

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ergaurav
Newly Registered

Travel while waiting for the visa decision- In country

Post by ergaurav » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:40 pm

My wife' current visa expires on 08th June. We applied for the spouse (wife) extension visa on 10th May and waiting for the decision. Unfortunately she needs to leave the UK due to an emergency health issue in the family. I am thinking if she can travel by herself and I can receive BRP once its approved. I can then travel later and carry her BRP with me so that we can travel back to UK together. In simple terms it can work. But I am not sure if there is a way UK immigration can find out that she traveled out of UK prior to the visa decision? Not sure if anyone else has faced this problem? Any guidance will be very helpful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel while waiting for the visa decision- In country

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:12 pm

If she leaves the UK while she has an application pending, it will be considered withdrawn and she loses the visa fee paid.

Ukvi get the airline passenger information so it will be known she has left the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ergaurav
Newly Registered

Post by ergaurav » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:20 pm

ok, understood. So she can leave once we receive the application decision. BRP comes 3-4 days later. So I guess she is allowed to travel after the decision but without BRP. I assume I can receive BRP on her behalf? or collect it from the courier office?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:25 pm

ergaurav wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:20 pm
ok, understood. So she can leave once we receive the application decision. BRP comes 3-4 days later. So I guess she is allowed to travel after the decision but without BRP. I assume I can receive BRP on her behalf? or collect it from the courier office?
Yes you can

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:49 am

ergaurav wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:20 pm
Possible, but I wouldn't recommend it. What if there was a typo on the BRP, and the details on the BRP doesn't match the passport. No airline would carry her.
The what "ifs" possibilities are countless. The safer route is always the best route.

Good luck making the right choice.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Angel_86

Post by Angel_86 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:14 am

ergaurav wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:40 pm
My wife' current visa expires on 08th June. We applied for the spouse (wife) extension visa on 10th May and waiting for the decision. Unfortunately she needs to leave the UK due to an emergency health issue in the family. I am thinking if she can travel by herself and I can receive BRP once its approved. I can then travel later and carry her BRP with me so that we can travel back to UK together. In simple terms it can work. But I am not sure if there is a way UK immigration can find out that she traveled out of UK prior to the visa decision? Not sure if anyone else has faced this problem? Any guidance will be very helpful.
Have you had a reply for the visa application as my cousin biometrics was the same date as you and we had ours 26th May and got approved