ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Britishlaw1
Newly Registered

SET(M) 5-year Spouse

Post by Britishlaw1 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:32 pm

Good afternoon everyone, Hope all is good and well.

I haven't used immigration board for a while and I am unable to add a new topic (ILR) or edit my old post (from 2019). I apologise if this isn't the correct method of posting a question, but we are very worried and concerned.

I was wondering if someone can provide some guidance on ILR SET (M) 5 YEAR.

My wife made a Spouse Visa application on: 14/08/18
Her Spouse Visa was successful in: 23/10/18
She received her Passport on: 24/01/19 by which time her Spouse visa had expired after 30 days.

We applied for a Vignette Vise on: 23/07/19 (expiry date 26/8/19), she arrived in the UK on 23/08/2019.

Her BRP was re-issued (when FLR was approved): 02/10/2021 with expiry date: 11/04/2024.

The current issue now:

Her vignette visa was Issued on 23/7/19, between then and expiry off her BRP 11/04/2024 the total time she will have been living in the UK with me (husband) will be 4 years and 7 months. The requirement for ILR set M is 5 years.

1. Does the time line start from spouse visa application (14/08/18) or When her vignette visa was issued (23/07/19) ??

2. Can she still apply for ILR? If she has only been living in the UK for 4 years and 7 months ??

Any help/guidance will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET(M) 5-year Spouse

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:49 pm

Her qualifying period for ilr starts from the date she entered the UK. Her visa start date is irrelevant.

She can apply for ilr no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date she entered the UK.

With only 4 years and 7 months, she doesn't qualify for ilr.

She can apply for ilr within 28 days before 28 August 2024.

She will need to apply for an extension of her spouse visa and apply for ilr when she meets the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: SET(M) 5-year Spouse

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:50 am

Britishlaw1 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:32 pm
Good afternoon everyone, Hope all is good and well.

I haven't used immigration board for a while and I am unable to add a new topic (ILR) or edit my old post (from 2019). I apologise if this isn't the correct method of posting a question, but we are very worried and concerned.

I was wondering if someone can provide some guidance on ILR SET (M) 5 YEAR.

She received her Passport on: 24/01/19 by which time her Spouse visa had expired after 30 days.

We applied for a Vignette Vise on: 23/07/19 (expiry date 26/8/19), she arrived in the UK on 23/08/2019.

Her BRP was re-issued (when FLR was approved): 02/10/2021 with expiry date: 11/04/2024.

The current issue now:

Her vignette visa was Issued on 23/7/19, between then and expiry off her BRP 11/04/2024 the total time she will have been living in the UK with me (husband) will be 4 years and 7 months. The requirement for ILR set M is 5 years.

1. Does the time line start from spouse visa application (14/08/18) or When her vignette visa was issued (23/07/19) ?? From 23/08/2019 when she entered UK

2. Can she still apply for ILR? If she has only been living in the UK for 4 years and 7 months ?? No,
she has 5months shortfall

Any help/guidance will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Britishlaw1
Newly Registered

Flr m to ilr 5 months short

Post by Britishlaw1 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:37 pm

Good evening everyone. Hope all is well.

I apologise if this isn't the correct method of posting a question.

It's been many months since I haven't used immigration board, I am unable to add a new topic (FLR) or edit my old post (from 6/23).

Some guidance on FLR TO ILR SET (M) 5 YEAR.

Her BRP was re-issued (when FLR was approved): 02/10/2021 with expiry date:11/04/2024.

The Issue:

Her vignette visa was Issued on 23/7/19, between then and expiry off her BRP 11/04/2024 the total time she will have been living in the UK with me (husband) will be 4 years and 7 months. The requirement for ILR set M is 5 years (she is 5 months short to apply for ILR)!

1. Does my wife need to re-apply for another FLR (2.5 YRS)??
2. Can she use her B1 English test again??
3. Can she apply for ILR after she has covered the 5 months short fall??

Any guidance will be appreciated.

PS. Thank you AmazonianX, CR001.

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Flr m to ilr 5 months short

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:41 am

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

Topics merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Britishlaw1
Newly Registered

Post by Britishlaw1 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:48 pm

Good evening, CR001. Hope all is well.

Thanks for the reply, we are little confused, can my wife use her Expired B1 English test Certificate which she took 2 years ago. After researching we are getting mixed information about B1 Expiry, some sites states B1 is only valid for 2 years? And other sites states it doesn't expire.

Which information is correct:

1. Can my wife use her expired B1 Test certificate? Or will she have to re-take her B1 Test To apply for her second FLR Extension.

2. Can she use the Life in UK Test Certificate instead of B1? To apply for her second FLR.

Kind Regards.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:35 pm

1) She can reuse it if she used it to apply for another application and it was accepted, even though it's expired.

2) No - she needs both LITUK and B1.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:04 am

Britishlaw1 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:48 pm

Thanks for the reply, we are little confused, can my wife use her Expired B1 English test Certificate which she took 2 years ago. After researching we are getting mixed information about B1 Expiry, some sites states B1 is only valid for 2 years? And other sites states it doesn't expire.

1. Can my wife use her expired B1 Test certificate? Or will she have to re-take her B1 Test To apply for her second FLR Extension.

2. Can she use the Life in UK Test Certificate instead of B1? To apply for her second FLR. LIUK is for a requirement, B1 is for another, you can not use one as a substitute for the other.

Kind Regards.

Britishlaw1
Newly Registered

Post by Britishlaw1 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:35 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:35 pm
1) She can reuse it if she used it to apply for another application and it was accepted, even though it's expired.

2) No - she needs both LITUK and B1.
Hi, thanks for the reply. She did use her B1 TEST Certificate for her first FLR which was successful over 4 years ago. But due to mis-information online she is concerned we cannot use her old B1 Test Certificate to apply for her second FLR Extension?? As is is some months short for ILR requirement!

Therefore she wont be applying for ILR, but can she take LITUK Test? And use this to apply for her second FLR??

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:39 pm

Liukis not relevant to a spouse visa extension and will be disregarded completely.

Unsure why you wish to use it for a spouse visa extsnsion when not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:40 pm

Britishlaw1 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:35 pm
but can she take LITUK Test? And use this to apply for her second FLR??
I did not read this correct - she doesn't need LITUK for FLR, only for ILR.
But it doesn't expire, so she can do it in advance.

For her English test, see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence
32D. If an applicant applying for limited leave to enter or remain under Part 8 or Appendix FM submits an English language test certificate or result and the Home Office has already accepted it as part of a successful previous partner or parent application (but not where the application was refused, even if on grounds other than the English language requirement), the decision-maker will accept that certificate or result as valid if it is:
(a) from a provider which is no longer approved, or
(b) from a provider who remains approved but the test the applicant has taken with that provider is no longer approved, or
(c) from a test centre which is no longer approved, or
(d) past its validity date (if a validity date is required), provided that it is at or above the requisite level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and when the subsequent application is made the award to the applicant does not fall within the circumstances set out in paragraph 32B of this Appendix..
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Britishlaw1
Newly Registered

Post by Britishlaw1 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:57 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:04 am
Britishlaw1 wrote:

2. Can she use the Life in UK Test Certificate instead of B1? To apply for her second FLR. LIUK is for a requirement, B1 is for another, you can not use one as a substitute for the other.

Kind Regards.

Hi, Amazonian, thank you for your reply.

We are deciding if we should use my wife's B1 Test Certificate from 4 years back to apply for her second FLR Extension? She is some months short to apply for ILR!

Or can she take the LITUK Test to apply for her second FLR?

Regards

Britishlaw1
Newly Registered

Post by Britishlaw1 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:39 pm
Liukis not relevant to a spouse visa extension and will be disregarded completely.

Unsure why you wish to use it for a spouse visa extsnsion when not required.
Hi, CROO1.

We where unsure which to use because there was some confusion if we can use her B1 Test Certificate she took 4 years ago. If we use her previous/expired B1 Test certificate, we want to be sure it will be acceptable?? for her second FLR Extension, as she will be short by some months for ILR!

Regards

Britishlaw1
Newly Registered

Post by Britishlaw1 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:16 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:40 pm
Britishlaw1 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:35 pm
but can she take LITUK Test? And use this to apply for her second FLR??
I did not read this correct - she doesn't need LITUK for FLR, only for ILR.
But it doesn't expire, so she can do it in advance. Sorry do what in advance??

For her English test, see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence
32D. If an applicant applying for limited leave to enter or remain under Part 8 or Appendix FM submits an English language test certificate or result and the Home Office has already accepted it as part of a successful previous partner or parent application (but not where the application was refused, even if on grounds other than the English language requirement), the decision-maker will accept that certificate or result as valid if it is:
(a) from a provider which is no longer approved, or
(b) from a provider who remains approved but the test the applicant has taken with that provider is no longer approved, or
(c) from a test centre which is no longer approved, or
(d) past its validity date (if a validity date is required), provided that it is at or above the requisite level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and when the subsequent application is made the award to the applicant does not fall within the circumstances set out in paragraph 32B of this Appendix..
Hi, thanks for the link and the information. This was very informative. It's clear we don't need LITUK Test to apply for my wife's second FLR. But can use her expired B1 Test Certificate.

Kind Regards

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:42 pm

Britishlaw1 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:16 pm
She can do Life in the UK test in advance as she would need this for her ILR, but it's not needed at this moment (for FLR).

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:43 pm

Britishlaw1 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:57 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Britishlaw1 wrote:

Kind Regards.

We are deciding if we should use my wife's B1 Test Certificate from 4 years back to apply for her second FLR Extension? She is some months short to apply for ILR!

Regards
B1 test certificate can be reused if used successfully before and provider is still on approved list

Britishlaw1
Newly Registered

Post by Britishlaw1 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:55 am

meself2 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:42 pm
Britishlaw1 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:16 pm
She can do Life in the UK test in advance as she would need this for her ILR, but it's not needed at this moment (for FLR).
Hi, thanks for making that clear. Much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Britishlaw1
Newly Registered

Post by Britishlaw1 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:04 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:43 pm
Britishlaw1 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:57 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Britishlaw1 wrote:

Kind Regards.

Regards
B1 test certificate can be reused if used successfully before and provider is still on approved list
hi, thanks for the information. We will need to check that up.

Kind Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:11 pm

You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

Britishlaw1
Newly Registered

Post by Britishlaw1 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:27 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:11 pm
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
Hi, thanks for the update. We need to check if it is still recognised. Her B1 was used for her first FLR Application and was acceptable.

Regards

Britishlaw1
Newly Registered

FLR (M) extension

Post by Britishlaw1 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:52 am

hi, all.

Some guidance please on 2nd FLR Application. SET (M) 5 YEAR.

My wife is short of 5 months requirement for her ILR.

Her vignette visa was Issued on 23/7/19, between then and expiry off her BRP 11/04/2024 the total time she will have been living in the UK with me (husband) will be 4 years and 7 months. The requirement for ILR set M is 5 years (she is 5 months short to apply for ILR)!

We need to apply for a second FLR M.

Do we need to apply for a home inspection report (£200) for her 2nd FLR Application

We live in a rented flat in a block of flats, we do not share the flat with anyone else.

Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR (M) sopra website

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:05 am

Britishlaw1 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:52 am
hi, all.

Her vignette visa was Issued on 23/7/19, between then and expiry off her BRP 11/04/2024 the total time she will have been living in the UK with me (husband) will be 4 years and 7 months. The requirement for ILR set M is 5 years (she is 5 months short to apply for ILR)! On what date did she enter UK in 2019?

Do we need to apply for a home inspection report (£200) for her 2nd FLR Application No

We live in a rented flat in a block of flats, we do not share the flat with anyone else.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) extension

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:30 am

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Britishlaw1
Newly Registered

Re: FLR (M) sopra website

Post by Britishlaw1 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:54 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:05 am
Britishlaw1 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:52 am
hi, all.

Her vignette visa was Issued on 23/7/19, between then and expiry off her BRP 11/04/2024 the total time she will have been living in the UK with me (husband) will be 4 years and 7 months. The requirement for ILR set M is 5 years (she is 5 months short to apply for ILR)! On what date did she enter UK in 2019?

Do we need to apply for a home inspection report (£200) for her 2nd FLR Application No

Regards

Good Morning, CROO1.

The current issue now:

Britishlaw1
Newly Registered

Re: FLR (M) extension

Post by Britishlaw1 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:55 am

Good morning, CROO1.

The current issue now: