ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Tier 4 Dependant Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

simongates

Student Tier 4 Dependant Visa

Post by simongates » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:34 pm

Hi,

I am on a student Tier 4 Visa in UK studying MSc. My spouse is outside the UK. If I apply for my spouse's dependant visa then in how much time does the spouse need to travel after the visa has been granted ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Student Tier 4 Dependant Visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:44 pm

The initial visa vignette is valid for 90 days to facilitate entry to the UK. Also depends when your current visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

simongates

Post by simongates » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:54 pm

Dear CR001,

Thankyou for your prompt response. My current student visa expires on 31 Jan 2024. Can my spouse travel after the 90 period as stated on vignette ?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:59 pm

simongates wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:54 pm
Can my spouse travel after the 90 period as stated on vignette ?
If she would try to board the plane with an expired visa, she won't be let on (unless she doesn't need a visa to the UK, but even then she'll be admitted as a visitor I supppose).

Technically, if her visa will be valid for less than 6 months, she could be getting a longer visa (since she won't be expected to transfer it onto BRP), but I'll let others to elaborate on it.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

simongates

Post by simongates » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:28 pm

My student visa is expiring on 31-Jan-2024. When is the deadline for me to submit application for my spouse's dependant visa ? A deadline after which the dependant visa for spouse may not be granted ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:02 pm

simongates wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:28 pm
My student visa is expiring on 31-Jan-2024. When is the deadline for me to submit application for my spouse's dependant visa ? A deadline after which the dependant visa for spouse may not be granted ?
While there is no deadline, do so before expiration of current visa and factor in visa processing times do note if too close to expiration of your leave CW can validly question the purpose of your spouse's application if your own visa is to expire shortly.

simongates

Post by simongates » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:05 pm

Is there any exception to the 90 day travel period after the dependant visa has been granted?

simongates

Post by simongates » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:12 pm

What is the status of the dependant visa after 90 day period? Is it still valid?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:20 am

simongates wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:05 pm
Is there any exception to the 90 day travel period after the dependant visa has been granted?
You were clearly answered before; why should there be an exception? You are to make application within 90 days of intended travel date so plan with that.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:22 am

simongates wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:12 pm
What is the status of the dependant visa after 90 day period? Is it still valid? NO if not used within the 90days of vignette validity.
Presume your visa ending is posing a trouble to your plans...do your +/- very well.

simongates

Post by simongates » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:30 am

I am sorry to repeat my question. Someone in the thread mentioned that my spouse's dependant visa is valid until my own student visa is valid. If this is also true then i believe that there are 2 conditions where dependant visa expires:

1-Not travelling in the 90 day period

2-when my student visa validity period is over

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thankyou

simongates

Post by simongates » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:18 pm

What is the estimated fee for a spouse's dependent visa and the required maintenance funds that need to be shown? Additionally, could someone please confirm whether these funds should be demonstrated in a UK bank or a bank in the home country?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:44 pm

simongates wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:30 am
I am sorry to repeat my question. Someone in the thread mentioned that my spouse's dependant visa is valid until my own student visa is valid. If this is also true then i believe that there are 2 conditions where dependant visa expires:

1-Not travelling in the 90 day period

2-when my student visa validity period is over

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thankyou
The visa will have the same expiry date or end date as your visa.

The 90 visa vignette is ONLY to facilitate entry to the UK. If the total visa is valid for more than 6 months, she will get a brp card. If it is not valid for more than 6 months like your visa, she will get a visa vignette in her passport expiry the same date as your visa.

She must enter the UK before the expiry date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

simongates

Post by simongates » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:49 pm

If my spouse gets a student dependant visa then before she travels to UK, I get my PSW visa. Now can she apply for PSW dependant visa from home country and without entering the UK on student dependant visa that she was granted previously ? Instead she makes her first entry to the UK on psw dependant visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:00 pm

She has to apply for a graduate route dependent visa in the UK. She cannot apply abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:56 pm

simongates wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:49 pm
If my spouse gets a student dependant visa then before she travels to UK, I get my PSW visa. Now can she apply for PSW dependant visa from home country No and without entering the UK on student dependant visa that she was granted previously ? Instead she makes her first entry to the UK on psw dependant visa.
And if you get the PSW before she is in the UK she can not then get a PSW.

simongates

Post by simongates » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:03 pm

"Regarding the spouse dependent visa application, I have used my family member's address in the UK as the accommodation address for the application since I am currently living with them. However, me and my spouse, we plan to arrange separate accommodation once my spouse arrives in the UK. My concern is whether I will be required to provide a tenancy agreement form for the current address once I progress to the docuemts submission section in the application, considering that I do not have one as I mentioned earlier. Please note that the online application system has warned me to review all the details before proceeding to the immigration health surcharge page, as the answers will be locked and cannot be modified. Can someone advise me on whether I need to provide a tenancy agreement for the current address in the spouse dependent visa application?"

simongates

Post by simongates » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:52 am

Hello everyone,

If anyone has any insights or information to share for the above query, I would greatly appreciate your response. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:41 am

simongates wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:03 pm
However, me and my spouse, we plan to arrange separate accommodation once my spouse arrives in the UK.

Can someone advise me on whether I need to provide a tenancy agreement for the current address in the spouse dependent visa application?"
Your spouse cannot live separately from you. The entry clearance officer will be checking that they meet the requirement of Appendix Student ST 32.5.

ST 32.5. The applicant and their partner [...] must intend to live together throughout the applicant’s stay in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-student
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:42 am

simongates wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:03 pm
"Regarding the spouse dependent visa application, I have used my family member's address in the UK as the accommodation address for the application since I am currently living with them. However, me and my spouse, we plan to arrange separate accommodation once my spouse arrives in the UK. My concern is whether I will be required to provide a tenancy agreement form for the current address once I progress to the docuemts submission section in the application, considering that I do not have one as I mentioned earlier. Please note that the online application system has warned me to review all the details before proceeding to the immigration health surcharge page, as the answers will be locked and cannot be modified. Can someone advise me on whether I need to provide a tenancy agreement for the current address in the spouse dependent visa application?"
AFAIK there is nothing like Spouse dependant visa.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:50 am

Some form or the other of evidence of accommodation arrangements will have to be produced in support of the application.

simongates

Post by simongates » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:19 pm

I believe there may have been some misunderstanding in my previous statement. To clarify, when I mentioned "separate," I meant separate from the relative with whom I am currently residing. Me and my spouse both plan to initially stay at the relative's house and subsequently arrange separate accommodation for ourselves.

My question is whether it is acceptable to provide the relative's address in the spouse dependent visa application as the temporary place of stay for the initial days immediately after my spouse's arrival in the UK. Additionally, I would like to inquire if a tenancy agreement form for the relative's place will be required at a later stage in the application.

Thank you for your assistance in clearing up these queries.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:23 pm

simongates wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:19 pm
My question is whether it is acceptable to provide the relative's address in the spouse dependent visa application as the temporary place of stay for the initial days immediately after my spouse's arrival in the UK.
This is just asking the applicant's mailing address. It is nothing to do with eligibility for the visa. You are overthinking it.
simongates wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:19 pm
Additionally, I would like to inquire if a tenancy agreement form for the relative's place will be required at a later stage in the application.
No. You are overthinking this too.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

simongates

Post by simongates » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:23 pm

My spouse is in the final stages of their application. Do they need to get a TB test in home country before they come to the UK on a spouse dependent visa? It's important to note that their stay in the UK will be less than 6 months.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:00 am

simongates wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:23 pm
My spouse is in the final stages of their application. Do they need to get a TB test in home country before they come to the UK on a spouse dependent visa? It's important to note that their stay in the UK will be less than 6 months.
Read below

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa

As said before there is no spouse dependent visa.