ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application : Earliest I can apply (Tier2 + SW Visa + Global Talent Visa)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kms14
Newly Registered

ILR Application : Earliest I can apply (Tier2 + SW Visa + Global Talent Visa)

Post by kms14 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:59 pm

I would like inputs from the group members regarding my ILR eligibility, and would be grateful for your guidance. My situation is as follows-
* I got my Tier-2 visa (vignette) and the visa was issued with starting validity on 25 December 2020.
* However, I entered UK on 15 January 2021.
* I worked on the Tier 2 visa till 15 January 2023.
* From 15 January 2023 till 14 September 2023, they extended my job by 8 months on a Skilled Worker Visa.
* I will soon be switching on a Global Talent Visa (UKRI endorsed funder) valid from 01 September 2023.

I have following questions regarding my ILR eligibility:
- Since I will be on Global Talent Visa (UKRI endorsed), it says I am eligible to apply for ILR after 3 years of stay after the visa was endorsed. Does this mean 3 years from 1 September 2023 ?

- However, what confuses me is that the Global Talent Visa website also says that I can include stays on Tier 2 and Skilled Worker Visa to add up to 3 years.

Now, if the second option above is correct (i.e. I can include my previous stays on Tier 2 and SWV), does this mean :
1. I am eligible to apply for ILR on 15 January 2024 (3 years of my stay in the UK) ?
2. Also, since the ILR website says I can apply 28 days before the completion of continuous stay.
If I understood correctly, does it mean 28 days before 15 January 2024 (3 years of my stay) or 15 days before 25 December 2023 (3 years before my first Tier 2 Visa was approved).

Thank you so much in advance.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: ILR Application : Earliest I can apply (Tier2 + SW Visa + Global Talent Visa)

Post by lolo2 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:56 pm

The guidance is correct.

The time spent on a Skilled worker visa can be combined with the Global talent visa for the three-year qualifying period. This period starts from the issue date of the first visa, not the arrival. The 28-days rule before reaching the three-year qualifying period also applies.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Application : Earliest I can apply (Tier2 + SW Visa + Global Talent Visa)

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:43 pm

I would keep working under the GTV visa for a few months before applying for ILR. You need to show you earned money while being under the GTV visa

ILR earning requirement under Global Talent Visa

Also: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... bookmark87
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kms14
Newly Registered

Post by kms14 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:41 am

@zimba
Thank you.

My first visa (Tier 2) was approved on 25.12.2020
So, this means I will be eligible for the ILR on 28.11.2023 (if I am correct ?)

I will be working on Global Talent visa from 01.09.2023 so would it be sufficient if I show that I have earned money on GTV for 3 months ?

I will continue to be working in the same job after ILR - so would it be fine if I apply for ILR after the end of November? I would have shown them money earned on GTV for 3 months, and would also show them evidence that I will be continue working at the same position after ILR ?
zimba wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:43 pm
I would keep working under the GTV visa for a few months before applying for ILR. You need to show you earned money while being under the GTV visa

ILR earning requirement under Global Talent Visa

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:37 pm

Sure. I do not see any issues
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice