ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC application date and some help!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

quoala
Mood:

BC application date and some help!

Post by quoala » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:21 pm

1- I obtained ILR through the Skilled Worker route, and the approval email was dated July 15th. However, the BRP was issued on July 20th. Can I submit my application on the 15th?

2- I have included a referee with a British passport number, and I am planning to add a second referee who is a non-British citizen residing in the UK. Could this potentially cause any delays? Would it be preferable to have a UK citizen as the second referee as well?

3- Do referees need to provide a signed letter, or is it not necessary?

4- How does the biometrics process work for naturalisation? Do I need to book an appointment with UKCAS again, or can I use the app? I have already utilised UKCAS twice in the UK for my Skilled Worker extension and ILR applications.

5- Am I allowed to leave the UK after submitting my application and wait for the result while traveling abroad?

Thank you very much in advance!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: BC application date and some help!

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:33 pm

quoala wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:21 pm
1- I obtained ILR through the Skilled Worker route, and the approval email was dated July 15th. However, the BRP was issued on July 20th. Can I submit my application on the 15th? Yes - BRP date is the card issue date.

2- I have included a referee with a British passport number, and I am planning to add a second referee who is a non-British citizen residing in the UK. Could this potentially cause any delays? Would it be preferable to have a UK citizen as the second referee as well? No issue as far as we know.

3- Do referees need to provide a signed letter, or is it not necessary? No letters - referees fill in and sign the referee declarations, which you download once you have submitted/paid.

4- How does the biometrics process work for naturalisation? Do I need to book an appointment with UKCAS again, or can I use the app? I have already utilised UKCAS twice in the UK for my Skilled Worker extension and ILR applications. Not familiar with the app, others may comment.

5- Am I allowed to leave the UK after submitting my application and wait for the result while traveling abroad? Yes, but make sure you are in the UK for the biometrics appointment.

Thank you very much in advance!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BC application date and some help!

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:07 pm

You can only use a non British referee if they are your professional referee, from the ukvi list of acceptable professions.

The British referee simply needs to be British and over 25 years of age and of good character.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.