ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 Years route- ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ash02
Newly Registered
Pakistan

5 Years route- ILR Application

Post by ash02 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:37 pm

Hi all,
Q1- I just wanted to know more about the SET- M application qualifying period requirements, my spouse has had PBS a (Tier2 Gen. dependant) visa since Oct-2018, and on the expiry of her visa currently, she has a spouse/partner visa from Aug-2021 till Feb.2024 (60 months route I think as this visa is for 30 months)
To apply her ILR 05 years route (Set-M),

Could you please let me know whether her period as PBS-Tier2 dependant; Oct 18 till-Aug 21= 34 months and
Spouse visa period; Aug 21- Oct 23= 26 months (34+26=60) would it be considered as a qualifying period or not?

Q2- If she can apply ILR 5 years route as discussed above, can she apply for Naturalisation without waiting for 1-year limit after ILR as she meets the other residency and absence requirements for being a spouse of a British national?

Thanking you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 05 Years route- ILR Application

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:14 pm

No, she needs 60 months on her current visa before she can apply for ilr. You cannot add dependent visa time to make up 5 years, it's a different visa with different rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.