ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global Talent to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ecla2023
Newly Registered
United States of America

Global Talent to ILR

Post by ecla2023 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:30 pm

I am currently filling out the SET(O) ILR application switching from Global Talent, but am confused about the question "When did you first enter the UK?"

I have resided in the UK continuously since 2016 on different visa types (student, tier 1 graduate entrepreneur, then tier 1 exceptional talent). Only the talent visa contributes to the qualifying leave period, as far as I understand it, but applied from within the UK when I switched (so did not leave and re-enter).

Do I enter the date I initially entered the UK for my student visa? Or do I put the date of issue for the talent visa (even though I applied and received it from within the UK)?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Global Talent to ILR

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:30 am

It does not matter. Whichever date you put in is ok
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ecla2023
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ecla2023 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:09 am

Thank you for your reply! I have another question:

Is it allowable and useful to add a cover letter and letter(s) of support (e.g. from current employer) to the application? Or should you only include the requested financial paperwork (e.g. payslips, employment contract, etc)?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:43 am

You don't need a cover letter for this application.

Depending on your circumstances there's some evidence you can submit to support your application. See: GT - Settlement application

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:35 am

ecla2023 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:09 am
Thank you for your reply! I have another question:

Is it allowable and useful to add a cover letter and letter(s) of support (e.g. from current employer) to the application? Or should you only include the requested financial paperwork (e.g. payslips, employment contract, etc)?
Provide what is requested mandatorily. Cover letter only relevant if there is additional details you want to provide not captured in the form or any clarification that may be pertinent to the outcome of your application.
Letter from 3rd parties written for you carries no weight.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:15 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice