ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question on application for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

greenserenity82507
Newly Registered

question on application for spouse visa

Post by greenserenity82507 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:23 am

hi everyone,
i have heard that it is helpful for an applicant of visa to be employed, giving her an advantage for approval. Is this true?After a few months of being married to my husband i have to quit my job as the situation in there is no longer good enough to work for and the shifting schedule made it all difficult for me and my husband to communicate and more is making my husband worried most of the time for me. Now am about to apply for my spouse visa and this worries me. Please help...

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:30 am

I don't believe it will cause you any problems at all, it certainly didn't cause us any problems. Before my fiancee (now my wife) started the visa process (in the Philippines too) she gave up her job so that she could speak to me easier and spend more time with her family.

greenserenity82507
Newly Registered

Post by greenserenity82507 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:39 am

djb123 wrote:I don't believe it will cause you any problems at all, it certainly didn't cause us any problems. Before my fiancee (now my wife) started the visa process (in the Philippines too) she gave up her job so that she could speak to me easier and spend more time with her family.
great!!!thank you for that,did you wife apply for fiance visa or spouse visa? i am really perplexed with this application and you know how hard it is to get all papers sorted.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:10 pm

greenserenity82507 wrote:
djb123 wrote:I don't believe it will cause you any problems at all, it certainly didn't cause us any problems. Before my fiancee (now my wife) started the visa process (in the Philippines too) she gave up her job so that she could speak to me easier and spend more time with her family.
great!!!thank you for that,did you wife apply for fiance visa or spouse visa? i am really perplexed with this application and you know how hard it is to get all papers sorted.
It was a fiancee visa, though it seems so long ago now (she is now the holder of a British passport).

Don't get too worried about your application, a spouse visa is one of the easier ones to get.

I guess your husband is supporting you financially now? If so include evidence of that with your application if you can.

jaywel
Newly Registered

Post by jaywel » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:17 am

djb123 wrote:
It was a fiancee visa, though it seems so long ago now (she is now the holder of a British passport).

Don't get too worried about your application, a spouse visa is one of the easier ones to get.

I guess your husband is supporting you financially now? If so include evidence of that with your application if you can.
spouse visa - easier one to get?

scorpiolady

Post by scorpiolady » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:42 am

jaywel wrote:
djb123 wrote:

spouse visa - easier one to get?
Yeah... they're not talking about from Kingston though!!!...lol
Scorpiolady