ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Supporting Documents Return Issues

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Candyfloss
Newly Registered

Passport Supporting Documents Return Issues

Post by Candyfloss » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:50 pm

Hi all,

I apologise wasn’t sure which board to post in thats why im writing here.
I Recieved my passport on 12.03.2024 ,2 weeks past but I didnt heard anything about my Supporting Documents..idk lost or not despatched etc..
I paid £5 for scure delivery.
I would like to know does anyone waiting like me since least 2 weeks and what can I do?Do ive to wait more or immediately I've to contact with HMPO?
Thank you for your time and help by now.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Passport Supporting Documents Return Issues

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:25 pm

I thunk you can contact HMPO and lodge a complaint as it's been two weeks.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Candyfloss
Newly Registered

Post by Candyfloss » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:15 am

Ty for respond.
I just called 0300 222 0000 (choose option 8 then option 4) that lady who I talked with said that it's taking 14 days normally but yours past just 1 day like 14+1 (which is interesting perspective) anyway,she just sent mail to Royal mail about my informations and said that Royal mail will send me mail soon.I asked that what if they not in weeks then what ive to do,she definitely promised about they will do,so I'm waiting now.i will update ,maybe can help to ppls who has same satuation with me.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:28 am

You have paid for special delivery. Next time you call (if your documents don't get returned in the meantime) ask to speak to a senior manager and tell them you paid extra. Consider though that we are approaching the Easter weekend so Royal Mail won't deliver mail or will be slower than usual, so you may have to wait for a week or so to chase.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Candyfloss
Newly Registered

Post by Candyfloss » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:16 am

I'm not pretty sure that special delivery and secure delivery is same or not?But yes I paid for secure delivery and I already said her too cos she asked me that did I paid for secure delivery or not.I can wait a week ,doesn't matter if they update me,Problem is no any update thats why i was worrying if my Documents Lost etc.. Thank you for advice If I've to call them again I will ask to talk with senior manager

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:04 pm

Sorry, my bad - it is secure delivery, but that should be first class tracked, so you should have received that by now. Call again in a week or so and ask for a manager.

Candyfloss
Newly Registered

Post by Candyfloss » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:04 pm

Here is one Happy End Horror Story about Passport Documents Return.....

Just Some one called me from HMPO (that 300 222 0000 number ) and gave me Royal mail track number for check from other device if i have any and I did ... There was saying my Documents delivered on 13.03.2024 just after 1 day from Passport recieved. :shock: :shock: .I said no one delivered me Documents or update me ,or no any message mail at all...

I saw picture on the Royal mail Tracking page...Courier hand ,holding envelop which is my name on it and 1 sec.later he will push my documents from post line on the BLACK door which is my door WHITE :? I was going to black out..my all Documents delivered some one and i didn't know who is at that moment...Then I remembered that my house number and neighbour (who is living next to two house ) house number is same,just street names different cos she is living at the corner.
While I was talking on the phone with that HMPO ,I run to my neighbours house...There you go..There is famous Black door...I knock the door with HMPO on the phone with me still...luckily they was at home...I quickly explaine them my satuation and they checked house for found my envelope which since 2 weeks there..While they searching I thought 3 scenario..1) 2 big dogs chewed my envelop(she has 2 dog)..2)She didn't recognise name and trow to bin..3)Just curiosity they opened and find tones of legal info :? After a while they find my envelope and I was almost crying but Idk cos of happiness or scare I didnt decided still...
At the end im happy cos of huge relief..But I don't even know will Royal mail courier will say sry for almost heart attack :wink:

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:09 pm

Wow!!! What a story. Glad you were able to retrieve the documents. Was the name and address correct on the envelope? If that is not the case, you can complain to HMPO, though I doubt they would do much. If the name and address were correct, it is Royal Mail's fault (and possibly the neighbour could have tried to deliver the envelope to you). Either way, you have your documents now.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:24 pm

I would say "congratulations" but it won't feel like that after all you have been through. But at least your journey is complete now.

Royal Mail service performance is variable, even with supposedly secure forms of deliver. My own recent experience with Special Delivery - a parcel worth £200 disappeared overnight - tracking just stopped. And then I spent two months applying/chasing for compensation.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Candyfloss
Newly Registered

Post by Candyfloss » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:09 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:09 pm
Wow!!! What a story. Glad you were able to retrieve the documents. Was the name and address correct on the envelope? If that is not the case, you can complain to HMPO, though I doubt they would do much. If the name and address were correct, it is Royal Mail's fault (and possibly the neighbour could have tried to deliver the envelope to you). Either way, you have your documents now.
Thank you contorted.Name and adress was definitely correct so obviously not HMPO fault i agree with you defo Royal mail courier wasn't so carefull..My neighbour didn't even bother to bring that envelope to me ,but this is not her job at the end..
What Tragically comical is on the envelope writing that
-Do Not Deliver to Neighbour..lol

Candyfloss
Newly Registered

Post by Candyfloss » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:15 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:24 pm
I would say "congratulations" but it won't feel like that after all you have been through. But at least your journey is complete now.

Royal Mail service performance is variable, even with supposedly secure forms of deliver. My own recent experience with Special Delivery - a parcel worth £200 disappeared overnight - tracking just stopped. And then I spent two months applying/chasing for compensation.
Thank you Alter.
I defo agree about Royal Mail,well least some of them really need to work properly.
I hope you sorted out after 2 months chasing for compensation..
And yes...my journey is Completed...The End... ..till passport renewal lol..Fingers crossed by now..