ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I teach recreational gymnastics on GTV?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gessford
Newly Registered
United States of America

Can I teach recreational gymnastics on GTV?

Post by gessford » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:10 pm

I'm in the UK on a global talent visa for exception promise. I know there are restrictions to working as a sportsperson. Does this include teaching recreational/non-competitive gymnastics? These aren't professional classes by any means.

Would this also include competitive cheerleading? Is cheerleading considered a sport in the first place?

MylaHughes
- thin ice -
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Can I teach recreational gymnastics on GTV?

Post by MylaHughes » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:15 am

Teaching in recreational or non-competitive gymnastics, as well as participating in a competitive cheerleading team, is likely not considered an athlete's job. Cheerleading can be considered a sport, but if your participation in it is not professional and does not generate income, then it probably does not fall under the restrictions for working as an athlete.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Can I teach recreational gymnastics on GTV?

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:48 pm

If you are solely a volunteer coach at a local non competing club and you are not in receipt of any payments or benefits then you are in a reasonable safe zone. Soon as there is a reward, financial or otherwise, of any shape or form then it gets messy and you fall foul of the sports body and the Home Office.

The cheerleading side - not a clue - it is more performance art than sport. So that would suggest coaching is not in fact coaching in a sports sense.