ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cover Letter for previous earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

GoforUK

Cover Letter for previous earnings

Post by GoforUK » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi,

Could any one furnish covering letter for General Tier1 previous earnings section.
Submitted on:4th Feb,Chennai
UK ADMIRER

GoforUK

Post by GoforUK » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:18 pm

Please Anyone I have appointment in the VFS on Jan 21 for filling PBS..And I require the format for Previous earnings...Please :cry:
UK ADMIRER

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:46 pm

GoforUK wrote:Please Anyone I have appointment in the VFS on Jan 21 for filling PBS..And I require the format for Previous earnings...Please :cry:
Will send you later. Its a simple letter in which you mention your earnings claim period, where you worked, what was the gross and what evidence have you provided etc.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

UKaspirant2009

Post by UKaspirant2009 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:30 pm

UKaspirant2009

Post by UKaspirant2009 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:41 pm

By the way this is letter I am using the following format. But may be some senior, Push_HSMP, will be able to let us know if this is fine:

Dated: XXXXX

To whomsoever it may concern

This is to certify that XXXX was employed with XXX as an XX from XXX to XXX. His gross salary earnings for the period XXX to XXX was XXX.

Following table shows detailed gross and net salary earnings of XXX from XXX to XXX:

S.No. Months
(XXX to XXX) Total Gross Earnings (Salary) Income Tax paid Net Earnings Credited to ICI A/C No:
XXXXX
1 December 2007 XX XX XX
2 January 2008 XX XX XX
3 February 2008 XX XX XX
4 March 2008 XX XX XX
5 April 2008 XX XX XX
6 May 2008 XX XX XX
7 June 2008 XX XX XX
- Total XX XX XX

XXXX employment details are as follows:

Employee Code: XXX
Employee Name: XXX XXX
Date of Joining: XXX
Designation: XXX

Please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned for any clarification.

Yours sincerely,

XXXX,
Finance ,
XXXXX
Office phone: XXXX
Email: XXXXX

GoforUK

Post by GoforUK » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:42 am

But why do you need letter from the employer?
UK ADMIRER

UKaspirant2009

Post by UKaspirant2009 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:31 am

Oh Apologies for giving u the wrong template. I am actually giving salary slips, bank statements and letter from employer to be on the safer side. I had emialed UK HO for some doubts and all they say is that you should provide as much evidence as possible and since if you go through the threads in this forum you will realize that a lot of applications were rejected cause of the 'previous earnings' and 'maintenance funds' section. Therefore, I am just being over cautious. I am sure even if submit bank statements and pay-slips, I should be fine.

I have used the same covering letter format as is given in this thread. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=15879.

Let me know if this works.

GoforUK

Tax Returns needed as additional evidence?

Post by GoforUK » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:59 am

one quick question:
for previous earnings section I am going to keep bank statements and salary slips sealed and signed as evidences.Now is income tax returns still needed?if so then can I keep for the year 2007?(which is outside my claim period Jan 08 to Jan dec 08)
UK ADMIRER

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:02 am

UKaspirant2009 wrote:Oh Apologies for giving u the wrong template. I am actually giving salary slips, bank statements and letter from employer to be on the safer side. I had emialed UK HO for some doubts and all they say is that you should provide as much evidence as possible and since if you go through the threads in this forum you will realize that a lot of applications were rejected cause of the 'previous earnings' and 'maintenance funds' section. Therefore, I am just being over cautious. I am sure even if submit bank statements and pay-slips, I should be fine.

I have used the same covering letter format as is given in this thread. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=15879.

Let me know if this works.
two evidences should be enough,

but incase you have additional discrepancies like, say

you have a middle name and it is missing in the payslip
or
only your first name is appearing, etc etc

then better to take a letter from the employer clearly mentioning your full name along with

gross pay, net pay for each month and the date and mode of payment
also the total gross and the total net

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:03 am

sorry for the duplicate

GoforUK

Post by GoforUK » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:04 am

No I dont have any issues with my name..So I dont need to keep Income tax returns in this case?
UK ADMIRER

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:07 am

GoforUK wrote:No I dont have any issues with my name..So I dont need to keep Income tax returns in this case?
My personal advice to you would be dont.

It is better to provide information which have clear, easy to read information.

Some how the IT forms though genuine do not fall under the easy to interpret category.

Instead of making things complicated I would suggest

get the payslips and bank statements as primary evidence everything should be tallying.
You can get an letter from the emplyer as an additional document but perfectly matching all entries in the above documents.