ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter with a bank statement

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bkhan

Letter with a bank statement

Post by bkhan » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:41 am

My cousine wants to apply for a student visa. His studies will be paid for by his parents. The bank accounts are in his parents' name.

Can anyone please provide an outline of a letter he needs to attach with the bank statement.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:47 am

Bkhan,

Draft your own letter and post it on the forum and then we can make changes as appropriate
Where there is a will there is a way.

bkhan

Post by bkhan » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:22 am

I have come up with a brief outline. Please add anything you consider appropriate:

Dear Immigration Officer,

I agree to take responsibility for the finances of my son Mr. .... during his stay in the UK. My bank statements are attached to this letter

Best regards

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:41 am

Looks good to me.

The letter should be addressed to the Entry Clearance Officer at the relevant British Diplomatic Post if an overseas applicant or to the Immigration & Nationality Directorate at Croydon if an 'in country' applicant. Note that an 'in country' application will have to be either a student extension application or if a switch then the person must be a non visa national.

My take would be:

Dear Sirs,

Ref - Mr/Ms Full Name - DOB

This is to confirm that I/we will pay all the tuition, accomodation and susbsitence costs associated with our son/daughter then full name undertaking course A at name of institution from date C to date D.

Find enclosed our most recent x months bank statements as proof of our ability to provide the support. Nnormal practice is to insist on 6-12 mths statement - I would recommend 12.

Where the are well issues around exchange control/ or the bank statement is not in a major foreign currency i.e. GBP. UDS, Euro you need to add the line......................

The transfer of money and/or the purchase of foreign exchange for educational fees is authorised under our country's banking acts (of course the ECO and/ or caseworker will easily verify this).

Yours Faithfully,

Mr and Mrs Parents :)