ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The online forms - very 'clunky' and badly worded

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Was UKBA's system ready for the go-live Nov 27th?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:33 am

Yes - it worked perfectly from day one
33%
Hmm, well it's OK
No votes
No - it was nowhere near ready and should have been delayed
67%

Total votes: 3

The Station Agent

The online forms - very 'clunky' and badly worded

Post by The Station Agent » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:33 am

Hi folks - my first post here. Hope more people who use tier 5 will post in future. I have now created and assigned around 100 CoS for tier 5 entertainers and I hate the forms with a passion!! They are so badly worded and laid out - why were we never shown a working model or the questions before Go-Live on November 27th?

The forms assume everyone needs entry clearance so the first couple of questions are wrong for most entertainers (which post will they apply at? etc). This is because most entertainers are not visa nationals and not coming for 3 months or more.

Then it makes you input all the common data for a band FOR EACH PERSON. This repetition is probably the worst aspect of the form.

And you have to give a band a new name for each tour - daft!

"Does the migrant have multiple entry?" Where did you learn to speak English, more like!! How can they have a multiple entry visa when they don't have the CoS yet? Do you mean 'do they need to make more than one entry?' If so, please say so. It DOES seem to mean that any CoS issued where you don't tivck this box is just good for one entry.

And when your band do need entry clearance the consulates either can't log in to check the CoS or don't know what they're doing (LA issued all visas with the wrong expiry date becuase each CoS says it expires 3 months after it's issued, which is misleading - LA also said they couldn't log into the system for days on end and therefore REFUSED visa applications even though the person had a valid CoS).

What are your experiences?

The Station Agent

I'm amazed someone voted for it being perfect from day one

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:10 pm

They must work for UKBA. No other explanation. System has been impossible for the last 3 days due to Worldpay problems AGAIN. and when you phone the helpline it's constantly engaged.