ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

residence permit of A8

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

salavak
Newly Registered

residence permit of A8

Post by salavak » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:48 am

Hi all - respected moderators and other members.
I need help, advice and information in applying for residence permit for me and my beloved wife.
I am citizen of Latvia and have been registered under WRS. My wife, who is Ukrainian national and who lives with me in UK has been granted family member residence permit which expired on same time as my completion of 12 month uninterrupted employment. I have just completed these 12 month and about to apply for residence permit on the basis of being a worker. I know that I must submit EEC1 form, but what about my wife's permit? Would it be enough for both of us just complete EEC1 form or we should also submit EEC3 form again?
Secondly, for how long my permit will be granted and for how long it will be granted for my wife? We just afraid that it will be again for less than a year which means our passports will stuck in Home Office for almost all the time.
And finally how long currently is waiting period for these types of applications?
I would be greatly appreciated for any information given. Thank you very much.

John

Post by John » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:36 am

Form EEC1 is the correct form to use. On that form you will be the applicant and your wife entered as a dependent.

What should come back from IND is four-year permits for both of you, and removing the need for you to register under the WRS.

At the end of those four years you would use form EEC2 to both get ILR.
John