ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application through solicitor

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hui
Newly Registered

Application through solicitor

Post by Hui » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:29 pm

Hello i have some annoying questions about my application for PSW here hope anyone here can help..?

well,my student visa is gonna expiring on 31st of May and my award board will only out on 15th of June but the latest PSW application requires an original degree cert which i cant get it before the expiration of my student visa.

so now im thinking to apply it through solicitor and here comes some problems with my bank statement's balance now. I able to show my balance more than £800 on 23rd of Feb but i withdraw some money out on 24th of Feb which causing my balance drop to £599.But i bank-in £1000 to my acct on 27th of Feb.So,can i stil show my bank statement from 24th of Feb to 24th of May..? cuz the lawyer said its better to apply it before 25th of May and sadly,i only able to show my bank statement which the balance not lower than £800 from 27th of Feb to 27th of May...

Anyone here to give some ideas what should i do...im really really depress about the bank statement now..sigh i think the Home Office would refuse my appplication if i showed my bank statement from 23rd of Feb but i have no way to show it from 27th of Feb since the lawyer said its too late cuz my student visa expired on 31st of May..should i take the risk by showing from 23rd of Feb..?

thx for answering my questions....

heman

Post by heman » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:34 pm

but i dont think, u should apply for PSW if ur balance drops below 800 even for a single day, caz HO will refuse ur application, thatz what happened to so many of us.
Cheers

tuhadda_fuffar

Re: Application through solicitor

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:14 pm

Your lawyer is wrong in saying that you cant apply after 25th of May. In reality you can apply even on the last day of your visa, however 1 day before is better if its a holiday. Never apply if your bank balance drops below £800. If all fails, think of going back to your country and apply from their with full documents.
Anyways you are spending on lawyer's fee, dont pay him, instead go back with that money and wait for documents and then apply.

Good Luck.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Re: Application through solicitor

Post by Diokpa » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:18 pm

Hui wrote:Hello i have some annoying questions about my application for PSW here hope anyone here can help..?

well,my student visa is gonna expiring on 31st of May and my award board will only out on 15th of June but the latest PSW application requires an original degree cert which i cant get it before the expiration of my student visa.

so now im thinking to apply it through solicitor and here comes some problems with my bank statement's balance now. I able to show my balance more than £800 on 23rd of Feb but i withdraw some money out on 24th of Feb which causing my balance drop to £599.But i bank-in £1000 to my acct on 27th of Feb.So,can i stil show my bank statement from 24th of Feb to 24th of May..? cuz the lawyer said its better to apply it before 25th of May and sadly,i only able to show my bank statement which the balance not lower than £800 from 27th of Feb to 27th of May...

Anyone here to give some ideas what should i do...im really really depress about the bank statement now..sigh i think the Home Office would refuse my appplication if i showed my bank statement from 23rd of Feb but i have no way to show it from 27th of Feb since the lawyer said its too late cuz my student visa expired on 31st of May..should i take the risk by showing from 23rd of Feb..?

thx for answering my questions....
I think your lawyer is just looking to make some money from you. You can use the statement from 27feb to 27th May as long as it did not drop below £800 within that period. Why would you want to show them your account from the 23rd? Never give the HO a reason to deny you, those caseworkers are like robots and they don't have a mind of their own!

When did the issue on certificates change? I thought you could get a letter from your university to confirm you have been awarded the degree, as long as it has been confirmed by the examination board and senate? Just make sure it has the start and end date of your course, including the fact that you have actually been awarded the degree but the certificate will be issued at a later date and reason why. Can someone clarify that is right or wrong?

Even if you send your application on 31st May, it will be treated as being on time. Just make sure you send it through Royal mail special delivery or recorded delivery and not through a courier company. DON'T send your application before 27th May or you'll get a denial! All the best and if you need guidance with your application, we are here to help. Don't give your hard earned money for an easy case to those lawyers! All the best.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

drmmyatsan
Newly Registered

Post by drmmyatsan » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:34 pm

you need to make sure to get ur bank statement on time as well. U got only 3days 27 to 30 of May. So u need to order ur statement in advance. The bank takes at least 7-10 working days to get the statement.
Good Luck