ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO starts taking ILR appointments for 4year-HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rex

Post by Rex » Thu May 21, 2009 8:56 am

I have been calling from 8.59 till 9.40 but still no appointment.

twice i reached end of queue but call disconnected.

this is no fair at all.

they should do something to priortise our application or atleast tell us timelines for postal applications.

Filipinas

PEO calls

Post by Filipinas » Thu May 21, 2009 9:01 am

I did try calling as well and when I finally got in -obviously there weren't anymore appointments available. But the one who answered me was very courteous enough to recommend postal services. But I don't want the uncertainty of waiting for the papers to get back. Might as well be there during the whole process. So I'd just sing... the sun would come out TOMORROW... if not then next WEEK :lol:

Filipinas

Rex

Post by Rex » Thu May 21, 2009 9:09 am

Waiting times for our applications

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/
Waiting times (Form SET(O))
This page provides details of the time it will take us to process your application to settle in the United Kingdom under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) using form SET (O).

For postal applications, our service standard is that we will decide:

70% of applications within four weeks
90% of applications within 14 weeks
For applications made in person, our service standard is that we will decide:

90% of applications within 24 hours.
My 4year period will be completed on 3 July. I would centainly prefer in-person application but if you have completed 4 years already, you might get ilr earlier by post rather than applying in person as all appointments are booked till 2nd July.

kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Thu May 21, 2009 9:12 am

Sadly, I am not sure whether that link is valid anymore. See this:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresi ... tingtimes/

Rex

Post by Rex » Thu May 21, 2009 9:32 am

True!

Six months, that is too long.

More application fees but still less staff and slow processing.

bbkaran

Post by bbkaran » Thu May 21, 2009 11:20 am

kiwi_in_the_uk wrote:Sadly, I am not sure whether that link is valid anymore. See this:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresi ... tingtimes/
Thanks for this. Is this the final say on waiting times? I wanted to believe the "four weeks" waiting period and preferred not to telephone HO everyday at 9am. Now I have no choice but join the telephone queue.
Thanks again.
[Moderator Edit: No advertising]

Sten

Post by Sten » Thu May 21, 2009 12:51 pm

Does anyone know if I can book an appointment, and then cancel/book new at the same time if there is more convenient date or place appears later ?
Good luck !

Soko_Mukanya
Newly Registered

Post by Soko_Mukanya » Thu May 21, 2009 5:39 pm

For those who had to apply for a 2nd extension last year, you can now send in application for refund.

See links:

http://www.hsmpforumltd.com/hsmpilrjrfaqs.html

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ive-years/

ethan

life in the uk

Post by ethan » Thu May 21, 2009 8:33 pm

hi, i booked the date on next tuesday as they have only date for this. but they did not ask me about the life in the UK. I did not take this test. is it important or not?

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Thu May 21, 2009 9:54 pm

Ethan. Life in the UK is not necessary for HSMP JR candidates. So you don't need it. Can you please share How did you manage to get an appointment next tuesday ? Which PEO you are going ?

Appoitments are fully booked until July 2nd as the forum posters are saying.

bbkaran

Post by bbkaran » Fri May 22, 2009 8:13 am

The links mentions a "one-off" payment. Does anyone know how much is this?

Soko_Mukanya wrote:For those who had to apply for a 2nd extension last year, you can now send in application for refund.

See links:

[Moderator Edit: No advertising]

Soko_Mukanya
Newly Registered

Post by Soko_Mukanya » Fri May 22, 2009 9:19 am

bbkaran wrote:The links mentions a "one-off" payment. Does anyone know how much is this?

Soko_Mukanya wrote:For those who had to apply for a 2nd extension last year, you can now send in application for refund.

See links:

I understand this to be the amount you paid for your 2nd extension:
You will be able to apply for a one-off payment to cover the cost of your second extension application, which would not have otherwise been required. To request this one-off payment, you must complete a request form, which you can download from the right side of this page,.....

Rex

I got appointment today for Sheffield

Post by Rex » Fri May 22, 2009 12:27 pm

I booked appointment for 3rd July in Sheffield, they said at 9:05 this morning that they were fully booked in Croydon and Birmingham.

I will complete my 4 years on 3rd July as well.

ob40

Re: I got appointment today for Sheffield

Post by ob40 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Rex wrote:I booked appointment for 3rd July in Sheffield, they said at 9:05 this morning that they were fully booked in Croydon and Birmingham.

Congratulations, are you with or without dependents, I hope you dont mind me asking. I am trying for the past couple of days and by 0915 there are no appointments for applicants with dependents. I want to know if there is any point in keeping hope and trying or I should just cut my losses short and apply by post.

Thanks

kiwi_in_the_uk

Re: I got appointment today for Sheffield

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Fri May 22, 2009 2:51 pm

ob40 wrote:
Rex wrote:I booked appointment for 3rd July in Sheffield, they said at 9:05 this morning that they were fully booked in Croydon and Birmingham.

Congratulations, are you with or without dependents, I hope you dont mind me asking. I am trying for the past couple of days and by 0915 there are no appointments for applicants with dependents. I want to know if there is any point in keeping hope and trying or I should just cut my losses short and apply by post.

Thanks
If it helps, it is possible. I got lucky on the 20th - called at 9.10am, got through, and got an appointment at Croydon for 1 July with 2 dependants. The lady I spoke to said that someone must have just cancelled, as that appointment wasn't available a few minutes before, and so I got it.

Rex

Post by Rex » Fri May 22, 2009 3:02 pm

I am with 2 dependants. I called exactly 8:59 and got through in first attempt.

You can also try calling around 4:30 pm everyday to check for any cancellations.

Spartac

Parking Tickets

Post by Spartac » Fri May 22, 2009 4:20 pm

Hi all. Just started preparing my application for the 4 year ILR. Quick question about Section 7 - Personal History. Do we also have to declare parking tickets. I have a 3 point speeding ticket, which I know I have to declare, and one parking since I have been here and want to be sure I declare all relevant information. Thanks.

ethan

thanks for infor.

Post by ethan » Fri May 22, 2009 4:42 pm

i just called them and wait around 10 mins and one people said there is place on tuesday. i was shocked and hesitate to take. hope it going fine.

Sten

Re: thanks for infor.

Post by Sten » Fri May 22, 2009 6:53 pm

ethan wrote: i was shocked and hesitate to take. hope it going fine.
you mean, you did not ?
Good luck !

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: thanks for infor.

Post by justice_will_reign » Fri May 22, 2009 7:47 pm

ethan wrote:i just called them and wait around 10 mins and one people said there is place on tuesday. i was shocked and hesitate to take. hope it going fine.
did you take it? any dependant?

ob40

Post by ob40 » Fri May 22, 2009 9:59 pm

Thanks Rex and kiwi_in_uk, this gives me some hope. Also I hope the rush may subside in the next couple of weeks. However, I will keep trying in the mean time.
Rex wrote:I am with 2 dependants. I called exactly 8:59 and got through in first attempt.

You can also try calling around 4:30 pm everyday to check for any cancellations.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Fri May 22, 2009 10:08 pm

Spartac. Have you booked your appointment already. Fixed point penalty and parking tickets need not be disclosed. But anything given by court must be declared.
Beginning from jan 2008, the below guidelines is applied for all extension, ILR and citizenship applications.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... character/

Hope this helps

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Sat May 23, 2009 4:01 pm

[quote="tech"]Spartac. Have you booked your appointment already. Fixed point penalty and parking tickets need not be disclosed. But anything given by court must be declared.
Beginning from jan 2008, the below guidelines is applied for all extension, ILR and citizenship applications.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... character/

Hope this helps[/quote]

Thank tech. Yes I have booked my appointment in Sheffield on 01 July. I hve declared by speeding penalty before for HSMP extentsions and they do specify that all traffc convictions must be disclosed on the SET(O) form.