ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hsmp ilr

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajesh.kishore
Newly Registered

hsmp ilr

Post by rajesh.kishore » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:28 am

In from Set (O)

What does it mean by Economic activity for past 4/5 years? Does it mean employed all through or a period of unemployment ok?

Anybdoy who knows of cases where ILR was refused because the person was unemployed for 1 or upto 6 months but with otherwise good economic position and no other blurs.

ejobs_01

Re: hsmp ilr

Post by ejobs_01 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:09 pm

rajesh.kishore wrote:In from Set (O)

What does it mean by Economic activity for past 4/5 years? Does it mean employed all through or a period of unemployment ok?

Anybdoy who knows of cases where ILR was refused because the person was unemployed for 1 or upto 6 months but with otherwise good economic position and no other blurs.
rajesh.kishore,

This is answered/being discussed elsewhere in the forum. Please take some efforts to search.

Regards,

rajesh.kishore
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh.kishore » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:19 pm

ejobs_01 wrote:
rajesh.kishore,

This is answered/being discussed elsewhere in the forum. Please take some efforts to search.

Regards,
I have searched, sorry could not locate. Please can you refer the URL of the thread.

Sten

Post by Sten » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:08 pm

rajesh.kishore wrote:I have searched, sorry could not locate. Please can you refer the URL of the thread.

Search found 482 matches

Try to locate Search button in top menu, enter economic activity, select to search for all words and show as posts.

voila!
Good luck !

rajesh.kishore
Newly Registered

If you know the answe please reply, otherwise

Post by rajesh.kishore » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm

Sten, I did not get a clear answer after browsing through all the thread. So lots of wasted time. Wonder why you killed this thread without reading my question properly? If you dont know the answer, you would help lot of people by not saying/ writing anything at all..

Guys my essential question is to do with the actual outcome of a Caseworker decisions on the interpretation of "Economic Activity" in light of somebody on HSMP and who was out of work for 3-4 months in 5 years of stay. I have searched HO website and there appears to be no Caseworker Guidance notes on ILR on HSMP at all. Or if there is one, please can you point a URL to it?

All straight answers appreciated.

willnotbackHSMP

Re: If you know the answe please reply, otherwise

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:13 pm

rajesh.kishore wrote:
Guys my essential question is to do with the actual outcome of a Caseworker decisions on the interpretation of "Economic Activity" in light of somebody on HSMP and who was out of work for 3-4 months in 5 years of stay. I have searched HO website and there appears to be no Caseworker Guidance notes on ILR on HSMP at all. Or if there is one, please can you point a URL to it?

All straight answers appreciated.
My understanding is :

1. As per HSMP ( till Nov' 06) rule ' economic activity ' includes employment, self employment or both or job seeking situation while umemployment. In job seeking period you have to show that you take all reasonable steps to get employment.

2. As per HSMP ( till Nov'06) rule it gives HSMPian a freedom to do any kind of job or establish business in any area legally nevertheless his past field of work before coming UK.

3. It is not said any where that ( in FLR / ILR criteria related to HSMP catagory) you have to work continually for 4 years / 5 years . So. unemployment is quite natural.

4. I think no HSMPian got job just after landing UK instantly means he was unemploymet for some/few days/months.

5. If once HSMPian was allowed his FLR with some days unemployment earlier then why he wont be considered by ILR case worker ?

Just my thought.

rajesh.kishore
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh.kishore » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:32 pm

, In my case the problem is my period of unemployment was after FLR.