ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wifes Indefinite Leave to Remain Transfer to New Passport..?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SteveMcGraw
Newly Registered

Wifes Indefinite Leave to Remain Transfer to New Passport..?

Post by SteveMcGraw » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi, hello to everyone.
My wife and I were married in 1998 in Sumy Ukraine. I'am British and hold a UK Passport. We applied at that time for her to Indefinately Remain and so had the relevant Visa pasted into her, then, new Ukrainian Passport. Since Ukraine does not allow thier citizens to have dual nationality my wife kept her Ukrainian Passport and never applied for UK Citizenship. Going back and forth to Ukraine to visit family, my wife has at the most been out of the country for 6 to 8 weeks, no more than than...
My question is this: Last year (Sept 2008) when My wife, daughter and I went on holiday we noticed that her passport had less than a month to go to expiry and so decided to get a new Ukrainian passprt there. It took 3 months to do this. I have now recieved my wifes new passport via DHL, as well as her old one, and want to have this ILR Visa put back on it so that she can come home with my daughter, (Who is included in her passport).

How do I do this ? How much will it cost ? And How long will it take ?

I hope that you can help me as I really have no Idea about this...

I Tried looking at other posts on the site but nothing seemed relevant to my problem..... Thenks to everyone in advance... Hope you can help...[/b]

rambler
Newly Registered

Post by rambler » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:06 pm

SteveMcGraw
Newly Registered

ILR Problems..

Post by SteveMcGraw » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:04 pm

Thanks Rambler, this has sent me in the right direction, I have to make a few telephone calls tomorrow... I really did not know how to deal with this issue, it gave me nightmares... Will let you know how I get on... Thanks again...

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:26 pm

Your wife could simply travel with both old and new passport. The transfer is not mandatory.

SteveMcGraw
Newly Registered

Post by SteveMcGraw » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:49 pm

Hi guys.. Made a few enquiries and you are quite correct plum90 she can travels with both passports and have it sorted here on her return. Costs £160.00 for the transfer or £580.00 (Fast Track). I understand that our government has to police and finance this issue, but, if you dont know how to solve the problem with this issue you just dont know.

Going to book tickets to Borispil Airport, Kiev. Have a holiday and bring them home. Thanks to everyone on the thread for helping... I will keep in touch...

Thanks Again... :wink: