ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 4 Permanent Residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

revinbryan
Newly Registered

Post by revinbryan » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:01 am

Hi everybody

I applied on nov 2008 for pr after 5 years. [ I'm a eea national & my wife is a non eea] untill now i did not hear nothing from the home office. My wife's passport expires in oct 2009 and her passport still in liverpool. She need to apply for a new passport by september. does anyone advise in this regard, please.

many thanks

alejandrabc
Newly Registered

Post by alejandrabc » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:48 pm

kaya.uk wrote:It is a bit depressing to know that Home Office is still processing the application from March 2008... It means that I can get PR in May?! My parents are coming to Europe in April, and I got to meet them up in Italy. I thought I could get PR in 6 months...

Do you think filing a complaint will make my process faster?
I'm on the same situation. I need to travel on June, and from previous posts I can see that it is possible that I will not have my passport back then.

I applied for a PR on October 2008, and I am still waiting. As my husband is from Portugal and I am non-European nationality, I used EEA4 form.

I am considering the option of filling a complaint. I wonder if that would affect the application though?

Have anybody filed a complaint before?

Many thanks.

kaya.uk
Newly Registered

PR arrived!!!

Post by kaya.uk » Wed May 20, 2009 12:22 am

As I wrote when I started this topic, I applied PR with EEA4 (together with my husband's EEA3) on June 1 2008, and I received my PR on April 25 - almost after 11 months of patience!

Surprisingly still Home Office website indicating that they are still processing the application of February 2008...

I made a complaint via Home Office website, and I received the letter from Home Office stating that they were sorry for the delay and would start to process my application. Ironically they asked to send my passport back, just few days after I got temporally my passport back for my trip, and they sent my passport with PR back ONE DAY after my departure date which I had to cancel my flight as I thought I had no hope to travel, though I told them when was my departure date! I guess this was their revenge on my complaint...

I don't know if my complaint worked or not, but I got it anyways.

Thank you for joining my topic, and hope everyone who is patiently waiting for PR would have it soon :D

asal_naz05
Newly Registered

Post by asal_naz05 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:41 pm

I been waiting for my PR for 9 months,how long more should I wait? :(

frenchy93
Newly Registered

Just wait and shut up!

Post by frenchy93 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:50 pm

That's exactly what the home office tries to tell us, while spending millions of pounds chasing people without right to remain which is showing in a scandal report the useless results of it.
While proclaiming legality, the first office to step over the basic European law is the home office itself. I sent my documents 6 months ago and expecting to be waiting for a long way down the road....

Good luck bodies and be patient...

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:16 pm

Just to add to everyone's misery here, I have applied since July 2008 and have yet to hear anything back nor any request for further information etc.

So it will be a year now soon. :(

sierrammike
Newly Registered

Post by sierrammike » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:05 pm

Hello everyone.

I received a letter from homeoffice asking for additional documents a few weeks back. "B/F: 30/06/2009" was printed on the letter. I Know it is a date but what is it's significance w.r.t the application.

appreciate your help and thanks for your time.