ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What goes around comes around

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Papafaith
Member of Standing

What goes around comes around

Post by Papafaith » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:53 pm

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

GSOtodd

Post by GSOtodd » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:02 pm

Wow, you ain't kidding. The UK is well known for changing rules on migrant workers, now I guess the UK citizens (who have cried out against "legal" migrants) are getting a taste of their own medicine.
Andy

GSOtodd

Post by GSOtodd » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:02 pm

Well, I hope those UK expats find a way to stay in New Zealand. I don't want to think about anyone being without a job or stranded in this economic quagmire.
Andy

kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:24 am

That really annoys me. The people who wrote that article, and the people who have commented on it, don't seem to realise that the UK has done exactly the same thing to us over here in the UK. Talk about double standards.

bani

Post by bani » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:32 am

I feel bad for those migrants to NZ too. Just shows that migrants everywhere are vulnerable. We're lucky HSMP Forum fought in our case, that is something very unique. And no matter what the public opinion, the judges who handled the 2 JRs were very fair and considerate. In fact after reading their judgements, I felt there is a lot of good in Britain that's worth sticking around for. I'm not sure the expats in NZ will be as fortunate.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:03 pm

Papa,

What goes around comes around - and eventually ends up home :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.