ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

people who got their citizenship anything new

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nicepecsigot

people who got their citizenship anything new

Post by nicepecsigot » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:57 am

on lighter side of this forum anything exciting happened to your lives since acquiring citizenship.in my case aside from hassle from visa travelling anywhere eh nothing :)

mendo

Post by mendo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:31 am

Hi nicepecsigot,

Same here, no hassle with the visas anymore.
Apart from this, nothing has happened.
I feel relieved though.

Regards,

Mendo
________
TOWNSMAN
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChIrl

Re: people who got their citizenship anything new

Post by ChIrl » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:45 am

Find it big relief. Not thinking of calling on tuesday and thursdays anymore. At the same time, sympathise about others, mainly 2005/2006 who are still waiting for their approval.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:19 am

I have not been travelling since I got the citizenship but have been admitted to hospital instead :) and claiming illness benefit.

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:07 pm

I have saved around €500 for GNIB Reg + visas for my family :)

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:30 pm

yeah no visa hassle. I was traveeling to my ex-home country and had a 16-hr layover in Dubai..could go out of the airport no bother, got a visa on arrival.

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:32 pm

I have been living in the UK for the last few months now, so yes the Irish citizenship has arrived while I were in the UK and made a difference in saving me further UK residency paperwork.

Hope4Best@
Newly Registered

Post by Hope4Best@ » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:22 pm

To Strongbow,

Can you tell me please for how many days visa they gave you did they charge you money when i trave in future i may trave via dubai.
thanks.

Regards.
H4B.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:06 pm

No money charged for visa..30-day visa is what is issued.

Hope4Best@
Newly Registered

Post by Hope4Best@ » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:34 am

To Strongbow.

Great thanks buddy for my for your reply you are star.
thanks again.

Regards.
H4B.

nicepecsigot

Post by nicepecsigot » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:47 am

to nehro are you not supposed to be living in eire for at least year after acquiring citizenship??coz this is the reason why im holdin on to this high collectin tax country before working somewhere.

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:13 pm

nicepecsigot wrote:to nehro are you not supposed to be living in eire for at least year after acquiring citizenship??coz this is the reason why im holdin on to this high collectin tax country before working somewhere.
I have not heard of this before. The only requirement as far as I know is not to live more than 7 continous years out of the country. However, even this is in breach of my rights as an EU citizen who should be free to work and live anywhere in the EU for any period of time.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:53 am

Folks, I have checked up on this. The only requirement is that if you move out of the country you need to file a declaration of intention to retain Irish citizenship at the Irish embassy of the country you are moving to. You need to do this every year. If you don't do this AND you live outside Ireland for more than 7 years there is a provision in the Statute book that your citizenship can be revoked.
Bottomline is you can live wherever you want as long as you file this declaration of intention to retain Irish citizenship.

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:04 am

Following my naturalisation I was able to immediately receive a Stamp 4 for my spouse. On application I was also granted a Stamp 4 for my daughter who had lived in Ireland for seven years but always as a Student.

This level of family unification is gratifing.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:04 am

strongbow wrote:Folks, I have checked up on this. The only requirement is that if you move out of the country you need to file a declaration of intention to retain Irish citizenship at the Irish embassy of the country you are moving to. You need to do this every year. If you don't do this AND you live outside Ireland for more than 7 years there is a provision in the Statute book that your citizenship can be revoked.
Bottomline is you can live wherever you want as long as you file this declaration of intention to retain Irish citizenship.
Imagine if your irish citizenship was revoked, you will become stateless, would you? Of course you cannot revert back to your original citizen because you lost it automatically when you acquired irsih citizen for country that did not recognize multi citizensip.
I am trying to imagine what would you do being a stateless individual.

realgunner

Post by realgunner » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:29 pm

no more visa problem when i get the passport

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:23 pm

strongbow wrote:Folks, I have checked up on this. The only requirement is that if you move out of the country you need to file a declaration of intention to retain Irish citizenship at the Irish embassy of the country you are moving to. You need to do this every year. If you don't do this AND you live outside Ireland for more than 7 years there is a provision in the Statute book that your citizenship can be revoked.
One of my friend who is turkish told me that his friend's Irish Passport was taken by Irish Embassy because he was living abroad for too long ( I don't know how long) but I guess he might not be aware of the rule u r talking about. Any way, its good to know this kind of rule.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:22 pm

That cannot be true...Find out why ? I take it hard to believe
There's noway for the Government to know if you are outside long or not...it is just impossible.

alpha_1 wrote:
One of my friend who is turkish told me that his friend's Irish Passport was taken by Irish Embassy because he was living abroad for too long ( I don't know how long) but I guess he might not be aware of the rule u r talking about. Any way, its good to know this kind of rule.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:24 pm

They can easily cross-check at the time of passport renewal. All they need to do is check the Revenue records for that person in Ireland.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:06 pm

strongbow wrote:They can easily cross-check at the time of passport renewal. All they need to do is check the Revenue records for that person in Ireland.
What do yo mean esily. Nothing with the government is easy. INIS take months to get feeback from outside agencies, so I doubt the passport office has instant access to Revenue records.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:18 pm

okay maybe not instantly, but they can if they want to!

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:54 pm

If I gained my Irish citizenship through naturalisation by desent.( My mother is Irish) would that mean I would be excluded from having to let the authorities know that I want to retain my citizenship if I moved abroad?

realgunner

Post by realgunner » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:34 pm

I find it hard to believe they took his passport because in Ireland they don't have chip system on passport (won't know how long the person was out of country ) unless someone told the INIS department about him and plus another thing the immigration take months for feedbacks.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:37 pm

realgunner wrote:I find it hard to believe they took his passport because in Ireland they don't have chip system on passport (won't know how long the person was out of country ) unless someone told the INIS department about him and plus another thing the immigration take months for feedbacks.
Well lets say one is working in France. Then he will have some status in france. Even though irish citizens does not require to enter into france but if u want to work u need approval (which can be obtained very easily) now lets say his/her passport is going to expire and he/she applies in Irish Embassy Paris or so. Do you think they wouldn't know that what the heck one is doing in france for the last 10 years or so?

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:31 pm

strongbow wrote:No money charged for visa..30-day visa is what is issued.
Is that the only reason you lot apply for Irish citizenship? To save a few quid on visas? :roll:

Mean while, the scum in the dail ignore our diaspora. People who consider themselves Irish. :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGMEbzjm ... re=related