ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:17 pm

well done and all the best , when is your appointment ? Do you know till what date max in Sept are they giving appointment ?
ci07jjs wrote:
lboro wrote:
ci07jjs wrote:Hi,
Finally got appoinment 3rd week in september in glasgow.
Jai
Which date?
actually changed it again now! now got one in london...hurray :-)

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:30 pm

chakde23 wrote:well done and all the best , when is your appointment ? Do you know till what date max in Sept are they giving appointment ?
ci07jjs wrote:
lboro wrote:
ci07jjs wrote:Hi,
Finally got appoinment 3rd week in september in glasgow.
Jai
Which date?
actually changed it again now! now got one in london...hurray :-)
Hi,

Its very hard to get appoinment for this category.

You will need to ring exactly 6 weeks before you want the appoinment - for example, if you want an appoinment on 28th September you will need to ring on the 17th August. but you need to be a first caller to succeed - literally ring the number at 8:59 (when the lines open). If you miss this time you have no chance of getting one for 28th september and you will have to ring again on 18th August to get an appoinment for 29th september. Also be flexible where you want the PEO appoinent (London/Glasgow etc).

Some people say that you might get any of the dates within 6 weeks if there was a cancellation. I haven't managed to find one.

Many thanks

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:03 am

Hi,

I starting calling from 8.57 but have noticed we only get connected at 9.00 am - till then it says office closed. Even after 9.00 am , its tough to get through.I had made 52 calls this morning disconnecting every second it said - every one is busy . Finally spoke at 9.20 am but was told all appointments are booked til 28th Sep ...strange within 20 mins everything booked for 28th Sep at all locations.

Does anyone know how many slots are there for dependents ? I guess its easy to get appointment for single but difficult for dependents....any thoughts ?

Is it possible for spouse to book appointment incase she is trying from home and I try from work ? I mean if she gets connected and there is an availability , will she be allowed to book on my behalf ?

[/quote]

Hi,

Its very hard to get appoinment for this category.

You will need to ring exactly 6 weeks before you want the appoinment - for example, if you want an appoinment on 28th September you will need to ring on the 17th August. but you need to be a first caller to succeed - literally ring the number at 8:59 (when the lines open). If you miss this time you have no chance of getting one for 28th september and you will have to ring again on 18th August to get an appoinment for 29th september. Also be flexible where you want the PEO appoinent (London/Glasgow etc).

Some people say that you might get any of the dates within 6 weeks if there was a cancellation. I haven't managed to find one.

Many thanks[/quote]

Filipinas

Spouse booking an appointment

Post by Filipinas » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi, your spouse could definitely book for you and the whole family. She would just be asked about your personal information as reference (mobile phone, birthdate, date of entry...).

As you have noticed, it is indeed more challenging to get an appointment as a family (with dependant) than applying independently - but just go on trying and you'd get there. No one knows how many applications with dependants are entertained in a day- I did try asking the HO directly when I was so frustrated then trying to get an appointment- but they themselves cannot say- they just told me "it really all depends on what is given on a day."

It may also help if you do try sometime in the afternoon just to be able to check if someone cancelled an appointment- the telecomm officer would advise you if there are any.

Good luck.

chakde23

Re: Spouse booking an appointment

Post by chakde23 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:40 am

Thanks, infact I did manage to get an appointment for self + dependents successfully this morning at 9.00 am @ croydon .
Filipinas wrote:Hi, your spouse could definitely book for you and the whole family. She would just be asked about your personal information as reference (mobile phone, birthdate, date of entry...).

As you have noticed, it is indeed more challenging to get an appointment as a family (with dependant) than applying independently - but just go on trying and you'd get there. No one knows how many applications with dependants are entertained in a day- I did try asking the HO directly when I was so frustrated then trying to get an appointment- but they themselves cannot say- they just told me "it really all depends on what is given on a day."

It may also help if you do try sometime in the afternoon just to be able to check if someone cancelled an appointment- the telecomm officer would advise you if there are any.

Good luck.