ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sample Employer letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

babjirajnikumar
Newly Registered

Sample Employer letter

Post by babjirajnikumar » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:25 am

Dear Friends,
can you pls help me with a sample format of Employer Letter for ILR application.

gg234

Re: Sample Employer letter

Post by gg234 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:29 am

This was the letter i provided when i got my ilr

Date:-XXXXX

Public Enquiry Office

Lunar House

40 Wellesley Road

Croydon

CR9 2BY

Dear Sirs

Application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK

Name - DOB - Nationality

This letter is to confirm that Mr.XXXXXXXX has been employed by XXXXXXXXXX since (put your start of employment date) on a UK work permit.

Mr.XXXXXXXXX wishes to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK on the basis of 5 years in continuous work permit approved employment. We are supportive of Mr.XXXXXXXX’s application and confirm that we have a continuing need to employ him in the UK.

I should be grateful for your positive consideration of his application. If you require any further information, please contact me.

Yours faithfully

XXXXXXXXX

Director Operations

babjirajnikumar
Newly Registered

Post by babjirajnikumar » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:54 pm

thanks for your format...much appreciated.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:56 pm

Many thanks gg234! Thatz very handy and helpful.

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:34 pm

Another example here: Employer letter

chakde23

Re: Sample Employer letter

Post by chakde23 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:46 am

Hi , can anyone comment w.r.t start date in employment letter : Does it need to be exact 5 years ( minus 28 days ) before ILR intw date ?

My case is incountry switching from visitor visa to workpermit and now Tier 1 with the same employer since my workpermit was stamped on passport ( dated 26th Oct 04 ) . I started employment on 1st Nov 04 - will this gap (1 week ) between date of issue in passport and employment start date be an issue for counting 28 days timeline for intw date ? ( ILR intw is on 29th Sep 09 )

If required, should I get a letter from employer with a start date of 27th Oct instead of 1st Nov ?

gg234 wrote:This was the letter i provided when i got my ilr

Date:-XXXXX

Public Enquiry Office

Lunar House

40 Wellesley Road

Croydon

CR9 2BY

Dear Sirs

Application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK

Name - DOB - Nationality

This letter is to confirm that Mr.XXXXXXXX has been employed by XXXXXXXXXX since (put your start of employment date) on a UK work permit.

Mr.XXXXXXXXX wishes to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK on the basis of 5 years in continuous work permit approved employment. We are supportive of Mr.XXXXXXXX’s application and confirm that we have a continuing need to employ him in the UK.

I should be grateful for your positive consideration of his application. If you require any further information, please contact me.

Yours faithfully

XXXXXXXXX

Director Operations

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:12 pm

chakde - I assume you were in the UK on 26-Oct-04? If yes, I think you should be ok to use that date as the starting point for the 5-year clock.

Having said that, I would also suggest you await further advice from some of the other esteemed members here.